AceShowbiz - Nipsey Hussle's alleged shooter Eric Holder has surprisingly gone on YouTube from prison. The man, who is accused of killing the rap star, popped up on popular podcast "Real Whirl" on Monday, February 24 via phone.
Eric appeared to want to clear things up and tell his side of the story, but stopped short on speaking about the late rapper's death as he's nearing his trial date. "I'm on the case right now, so I can't really speak," he said on the phone.
He, however, promised to reach out to the podcast's host and do an interview after his trial. "I'm fitting to go to trial. After trail when I find out everything, I'm gonna call you for sure," he said before the call, which was recorded under federal law, ended.
Eric is accused of shooting Nipsey, born Ermias Asghedom, in front of his Marathon Clothing Store in Los Angeles on March 31, 2019. It has been reported that while visiting the story, the "Feelin' Myself" told Eric he had heard he had been "snitching," which allegedly prompted Eric to fatally shoot the Grammy-winning rapper.
Eric was arrested on April 2, two days after the shooting. He has been charged with one count of murder, two counts of attempted murder, and one count of possession of a firearm by a felon. He has pleaded not guilty to all charges. His trial could start as early as mid-April.
Christopher Darden, who was a prosecutor in O.J. Simpson's 1990s murder trial, was previously representing Eric. The high-profile lawyer, however, later stepped down as Eric's attorney after receiving death threats.
In September of last year, it was reported that Eric was found "near dead" inside his jail cell. It was believed that he attempted suicide while awaiting the trial for Nipsey's murder.