AceShowbiz - Kevin Spacey's film "Billionaire Boys Club" will be released in July after previously being shelved due to the sexual misconduct scandal that engulfed the star.
According to editors at New York Post gossip column Page Six, the movie, which features Spacey, "Baby Driver" star Ansel Elgort and "Kingsman" actor Taron Egerton, has been given a release date of July 19. A bearded Spacey is heavily featured in the trailer, which was released on Sunday, June 10.
The film was shelved after actor Anthony Rapp accused the Oscar winner of making unwanted sexual advances towards him in the 1980s, when he was 14, in an online expose last year.
The actor was cut from the film "All the Money in the World" after his scandal, and fired from Netflix series "House of Cards".
"Billionaire Boys Club" tells the story of group of wealthy boys in Los Angeles during the early 1980s who establish a 'get-rich-quick' scam that turns deadly, and is based on the true story of a Los Angeles Ponzi scheme ring.
Richard DuPont, who plays a drug dealer in the movie, alongside his twin brother Robert, told Page Six he supports the release of the movie, and Spacey's return to the big screen.
"People have such short memories," DuPont told the publication. "And Spacey is almost unrecognisable in a beard and glasses."
Following Rapp's claims, Spacey came out as gay and apologised for his drunken behaviour, adding that he had no recollection of the incident.
Meanwhile, prosecutors are reportedly reviewing a sex crimes case against the actor which was presented to lawmakers in April by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. According to editors at NBC, it is now under review by the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office's Sex Crimes Task Force.