'Project Runway' Returning to Bravo Following Harvey Weinstein Scandal
Lifetime
TV

' 'Project Runway' is coming back where it all started, it's coming home on Bravo,' Andy Cohen announces at upfront presentation.

AceShowbiz - Fashion show "Project Runway" is returning to U.S. network Bravo in the wake of the sexual harassment allegations made against Harvey Weinstein. The Heidi Klum-fronted series, which sees aspiring fashion designers compete to win a cash prize and magazine spread, was initially aired on Bravo for its first five seasons, but was later moved to Lifetime by Weinstein for the next 11.

In 2016, bosses at the A&E network, parent company to Lifetime, inked a three-year renewal deal, but after news broke of Weinstein's alleged behavior, which includes claims of rape as well as assault and harassment, A&E executives filed documents to terminate the deal with The Weinstein Company (TWC), saying the company was in breach of the contract. TWC has since declared bankruptcy.

On Monday, May 14, Bravo personality Andy Cohen announced "Project Runway" 's plans for the 17th series.

" 'Project Runway' is coming back where it all started, it's coming home on Bravo," he said at NBCUniversal's upfront presentation in New York.

He also tweeted the news, with the post garnering more than 6,000 likes.

Last month, it was reported that German supermodel Klum is taking officials at TWC to court in a dispute over unpaid funds from her work on the reality show.

According to TheBlast, Klum failed to receive a proper accounting balance from TWC officials, and insists that although the amount of funds cannot currently be determined, she had been due to receive a guaranteed pay cheque as producers had already told her they were moving forward with a 17th season of "Project Runway" in March.

Stars including John Legend, Meryl Streep and Jennifer Lawrence are also reportedly owed large sums of money from the now defunct company.

You can share this post!

Related Posts