The 'Underwater' star is arrested after making a 911 call, false-reporting that a female having brown hair and a scarf hides a bomb in her bag on a train.

AceShowbiz - "Deadpool" star and comic T.J. Miller was arrested by federal law enforcement authorities after making a 911 call of a false bomb threat from an Amtrak train, the United States attorney's office in Connecticut stated on Tuesday, April 10. He was arrested at La Guardia Airport in Queens on Monday night, April 9.

According to a Department of Justice press release, the 36-year-old actor made the call in New Jersey on March 18. He reported that he saw a female passenger, who had brown hair and wore a scarf, hiding a bomb in her bag on Amtrak Train 2256, which he was on. He also stated that the train traveled from Washington to Penn Station in New York City.

Law enforcement alerted Amtrak, leading them to disrupt the service. Amtrak officials then stopped the train at Green's Farms Station in Westport, Connecticut. The officials ordered all passengers to evacuate and then bomb squad members searched the train. After a long search, no evidence of any explosive materials was found.

After the search, an investigator called the comic who was already in New York. Miller stated that he had actually been on a different train, Amtrak Train 2258. He also rectified the previous information, saying that the woman actually had red hair and wore a red scarf. According to him, she carried a "black bag carry on suitcase with a handle." When train 2258 arrived at Green's Farms Station shortly after, it was stopped and searched. However, the alleged bomb was also not found.

During the stop, Amtrak officers interviewed an attendant from the First Class car where the actor had been sitting. The attendant stated that Miller appeared intoxicated upon boarding in Washington and he consumed multiple drinks on the train. The attendant also advised that Miller had been involved in hostile exchanges with a woman who was sitting in a different row from him. Federal criminal complaint further alleged that the call stemmed from Miller's grudge against the subject female.

Miller was charged with "intentionally conveying to law enforcement false information about an explosive devise on a train." On Tuesday, April 10, he appeared before U.S. District Judge Jeffrey A. Meyer in New Haven. He was released on a $100,000 bond. The charge carries a maximum term of imprisonment of five years.

You can share this post!

You might also like
Related Posts