Chris Brown May Be Banned From Australia for His Assault Conviction
Music

The singer's upcoming tour dates in the country may be canceled as Australia's Minister for Women Michaelia Cash takes issue with his past domestic violence conviction.

AceShowbiz - %cChris Brown% may end up having to cancel his upcoming concerts Down Under. Australia has warned the R&B singer that he may not be allowed to enter the country because of his past domestic violence conviction.

As everyone knows, Breezy assaulted his then-girlfriend %cRihanna% back in 2009. During the launch of a federal initiative to prevent domestic violence on Thursday, September 23, Australia's Minister for Women Michaelia Cash said that she would recommend that immigration minister Peter Dutton refuse the 26-year-old singer a visa.

"People need to understand if you are going to commit domestic violence and then you want to travel around the world, there are going to be countries that say to you: 'You cannot come in because you are not of the character we expect in Australia,' " said Cash. "This is a government that is not afraid to say: 'no.' "

Brown is scheduled to bring his "One Hell of a Nite Tour" to Australia in December. He's expected to visit Perth on December 9 before making stops in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane on December 12, 14 and 16 respectively.

After announcing the Australian tour last week, advocacy group GetUp! launched an online petition urging Australia's Minister of Immigration to keep the father of one out of the country. "We're speaking out against Chris Brown because his casual visit our country would have enormous symbolic significance, which will only be amplified by our silence," read a message on their website.

"By turning a blind eye to his tour, we send a message to survivors of family violence that it's not that important and that you should just get over it," it continued. The petition has so far received more than 11,000 signatures.

You can share this post!

Related Posts