if ($layoutType == 'mobile')
mb_bottomframe($kanal, $htmlfile, $brstatus);
Robert Downey Jr. Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Robert Downey Jr.
> Robert Downey Jr. Trivia
- Famous as : Actor
- Birth Name : Robert John Downey Jr.
- Birth Date : April 04, 1965
- Birth Place : New York, New York, USA
- Spouse : Deborah Falconer (actress, 29-May-92 - 26-Apr-04), Susan Levin (producer, since 27-Aug-05)
- Claim to Fame : As Charlie Chaplin in "Chaplin" (1992)
- Included in People magazine's annual list of Sexiest Men Alive in 2009.
- Arrested for drugs possessions in 2000 when he was found with cocaine and methamphetimines at Merv Griffin's resort in Palm Springs, California.
- Signed a deal with HarperEntertainment, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers, to write his memoirs scheduled to be released in 2008 (July 2006).
- His second wedding ceremony in 2005 was attended by 150 guest, including Keanu Reeves, Billy Joel and Sting.
- Participated at a concert held by Jazz at Lincoln Center, the not-for-profit arts organization, together with Lyle Lovett and Tom Jones on June 6, 2005.
- Was considered for the role of Zaphod Beeblebrox in "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" (2005), but it eventually went to Sam Rockwell.
- Actually was invited to be the opening act for Duran Duran in 2005, but could not make it because of film commitments.
- Took part in planning, organizing, and hosting a pop festival at Silver Lake in December 2001 for the Hollywood-Sunset Free Clinic.
- Collaborated with contemporary artist Sam Taylor-Wood to make an art video entitled "Pieta" which then was included in Taylor-Wood's 2001/2002 exhibition of "Mute" at the White Cube 2 art gallery in London.
- Was featured in Elton John's music video of "I Want Love" in 2001.
- Was labeled the Sexiest Lawyer by People Magazine in 2000 for his role in "Ally McBeal" (1997-2002).
- Received a cut over his nose in 1998 during his serving time for a probation violation at Los Angeles County Jail after getting into fight with another prisoner.
- Underwent daily drug tests when starring in "Two Girls and a Guy" (1997) in which he filmed for only 11 days.
- Has been the first SNL regular member to earn Best Actor in a Leading Role nomination at Academy Awards when he scored one in 1993 for his portrayal in "Chaplin" (1992).
- Appeared briefly with his first wife, Deborah Falconer, in "Short Cuts" (1992).
- Beat Dustin Hoffman, Robin Williams, and Billy Crystal in obtaining the titular role of "Chaplin" (1992).
- Literally buried the clothes he wore in "Less Than Zero" (1987) in the back yard of his house as a symbol of leaving his brat pack image to start a new phase in his film career.
- Obtained the 62nd rank in Channel 4's list of 100 Greatest Movie Stars.
- Once broke into his neighbor's home in intoxicated condition with the thought that the house was his own and fell asleep on the bed.
- Had taken various jobs which included cleaning tables at Central Falls restaurant, working in a shoe store, and becoming a living art in a SoHo nightclub before his acting career took off.
- Studied classical ballet during his time of living in London at the age of 10.
- Can play piano, bass, and drums, even has been playing the former instrument since age 12.
- Actually has a surname of Elias, but his father changed it to Downey, a family name of his stepfather.
- Said that his worst movie experience was when filming "U.S. Marshals" (1998).
- Has endorsed for Skechers Footwear and Volvo.
- Owns a production company called Herd of Turtles.
- Is Moby's childhood friend and best buddy of Anthony Michael Hall who is also his son's godfather.
- Kept some authentic vintage outfit he had worn in "Chaplin" (1992).
- Mentioned his father to be the one who introduced him to drugs, offering him a marijuana joint when he was eight years old.
- Designed the cover-art of his own album, "The Futurist."
- His favorite film stars include Peter O'Toole, John Malkovich, Christopher Walken, Diane Lane, Moira Kelly, Kim Novak, and Paulette Goddard.
- Had shared a house with fellow actors Kiefer Sutherland and Billy Zane.
- Practices Ashtanga Yoga and Wing Chun Kung Fu.
- Has a nickname of Bob.