if ($layoutType == 'mobile')
mb_bottomframe($kanal, $htmlfile, $brstatus);
Ricky Martin Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Ricky Martin
> Ricky Martin Trivia
- Famous as : Latin music singer
- Birth Name : Enrique Martin Morales
- Birth Date : December 24, 1971
- Birth Place : San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Spouse : -
- Claim to Fame : Album "Vuelve" (1997)
- Was honored March 15, 2007 with the title of King of the 50th annual National Puerto Rican Day Parade.
- Named as one of the most influential Hispanic entertainers in America in People en Espanol's list of "100 Most Influential Hispanics" in January 2007.
- One of his hit songs, "She Bangs," came to a prominence again in 2004 after American Idol reject, William Hung, sang it during the show's audition and even included it in his album, "Inspiration" (2004).
- Was honored a Lifetime Achivement Award at the Premios Lo Nuestro in Miami in February 2004.
- Got two Billboard Latin Music Awards for Album Of The Year and Hot Latin Track Of The Year through his 1997 album, "Vuelve," at Billboard Latin Music Awards held in 1999.
- Was included in People Magazine's list of 50 Most Beautiful People in 1999.
- Sang the Spanish version of the theme song of Walt Disney's "Hercules" (1997) entitled "Go the Distance."
- His favorite actor is Robert De Niro, while his favorite film is "The Godfather" (1972).
- Cut the business relationship with his agent, Angelo Medina, by 2003.
- Received the National Council of La Raza Vanguard Award at the 2002 ALMA Awards.
- Brought home 3 World Music Awards in the categories of Best Latin Male, Best Pop Male Artist, and World's Best-Selling Dance Artist by 2001.
- Was honored a Special Achievement Award for Male Entertainer of the Year at ALMA Awards in 2000.
- Earned two Viewer's Choice Awards; one was obtained at MTV North Latin while the other one at MTV Russia Awards in 1999.
- Was named World's Best Selling Latin Male at the 1999 World Music Awards.
- Won the title of Favorite Male Artist at Teen Choice Awards held in 1999.
- Gained a Billboard Latin Music Award for Latin Pop Track of the Year through the song "Livin' La Vida Loca" in 1999.
- Was selected to lead the tourism campaign of Puerto Rico together with Felix Trinidad in 1999.
- Established a restaurant in Miami Beach called Casa Salsa in 1999, but it later was closed.
- Actually appeared as a cameo in the movie "Idle Hands" (1999), but his scene was deleted. However, he still can be seen in the background of the scene taken at the Burger Jungle car park.
- Portrayed Marius in the Broadway's production of "Les Miserables" in 1996.
- Was labeled Best New Latin Artist at Billboard Video Awards in 1993.
- Had some collaborations with Robi Rosa, his former bandmate from Menudo, to write his hit songs.
- Had recorded a Spanglish ballad entitled "Cuidado Con Mi Corazon" with Madonna and William Orbit, but the song remained to be one of many unreleased Madonna's songs.
- His favorite song is Sting's "Fragile."
- Refused to star opposite Jennifer Lopez in "West Side Story."
- Is a vegetarian and left-handed person.
- His favorite designer is Giorgio Armani.
- Has a nickname of Kiki.