if ($layoutType == 'mobile')
mb_bottomframe($kanal, $htmlfile, $brstatus);
Morgan Freeman Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Morgan Freeman
> Morgan Freeman Trivia
- Famous as : Actor
- Birth Name : Morgan Porterfield Freeman Jr.
- Birth Date : June 01, 1937
- Birth Place : Memphis, Tennessee, USA
- Spouse : Jeanette Adair Bradshaw (22-Oct-67 - 1979), Myrna Colley-Lee (16-Jun-84 - 2007)
- Claim to Fame : As Fast Black in "Street Smart" (1987)
- His real father, Morgan Porterfield Freeman, Sr., died at the age 47 because of cirrhosis of the liver.
- Included in Forbes magazine's Top 10 list of the Most Trusted Celebrities in America (September 2006).
- Collected his Doctor of Arts and Letters diploma from Mississippi's Delta State University on May 13th, 2006.
- Won the cyber-squatting case of Internet domain name www.morganfreeman.com against Saint Kitts and Nevis-based web site operator, Mighty LLC, in May 2005.
- Has twice played opposite a main character named Jack Ryan; the first was in "The Sum of All Fears" (2002) while the second in "The Big Bounce" (2004).
- Established the Ground Zero Blues Club in Clarksdale, Mississippi in May 2001.
- Formed a production company named Revelation Entertainment in 1997 together with film producer Lori McCreary.
- Was placed on 31st rank in Empire Magazine's list of Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time in 1997.
- Became a member of the jury at the 1994 Berlin International Film Festival.
- Participated at the 1964 World Fair with being a dancer.
- Has taken the producer seat in the movies he also starred in, like "Under Suspicion" (2000), "Along Came a Spider" (2001), and "Levity" (2003).
- Donated $250,000 to help developing a chair of performing arts at Hutchison School for Girls in Memphis.
- Is one of the founding members of The Frank Silvera Writers' Workshop along with director/actress Billie Allen and director/ playwright Garland Thompson.
- Rejected a partial scholarship in drama from Jackson State University to serve the U.S Air Force.
- Once performed on a radio show in Nashville, Tennessee during his high school years.
- Enacted the lead role in his school's stage production when he was eight years old, and later won a statewide drama competition at age 12.
- Puts his Oscar statuette inside a cabinet built by his good friend which is placed in his office.
- Co-owns and operates a fine dining restaurant named Madidi in Clarksdale, Mississippi.
- Is not related to director Morgan J. Freeman.
- Has played some characters that originally were not written specifically for an African-American actor.
- Once worked as a mechanic in U.S Air Force and had considered to become its fighter pilot, but later decided to go for acting instead.
- Is able to speak fluent French.
- Has a private pilot license.
- Is a left-handed person.
- Keeps a huge telescope in the backyard of his ranch in Charleston.
- Likes riding horses and sailing; he owns five horses and a boat which is berthed in the Caribbean.