if ($layoutType == 'mobile')
mb_bottomframe($kanal, $htmlfile, $brstatus);
Aishwarya Rai Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Aishwarya Rai
> Aishwarya Rai Trivia
- Famous as : Actress
- Birth Name : Aishwarya Krishnaraj Rai
- Birth Date : November 01, 1973
- Birth Place : Mangalore, Karnataka, India
- Spouse : Abhishek Bachchan (actor, since 20-Apr-07)
- Claim to Fame : Miss World in 1994
- Became the first Indian and South Asian actress to be featured on The Oprah Show (April 25, 2005).
- Voted #9 in 'Harpers and Queen' magazine list of 100 Most Beautiful Women of Today (June 6, 2005).
- Won the title of "Miss Photogenic" in the 1994 Miss World Pageant.
- Turned down the role of Briseis in the film "Troy" (2004).
- Became the first Indian actress to be interviewed on 60 Minutes (January 2nd, 1968).
- Her wax figure is on display Madame Tussaud's wax museum, making her the 1st Bollywood and Indian actress to do so (2004).
- Due to her touring schedule, Ash Turned down a role in "The Myth" (2005), which was eventually given to Mallika Sherawat.
- Has more than 17,000 websites dedicated to her.
- Has a tulip named for her produced in 2005.
- Despite the many offers, she refused to work with Salman Khan after their break-up.
- Ran the Olympic-torch relay in June 2004.
- Is good friends with actress Preity Zinta.
- Has won over 50 awards since she was 20.
- Has a puppy named Sunshine, which her friend Vivek Oberoi gave her as a gift.
- Gains a cult following in Pakistan.
- Learns classical dance and music during her teens, and so she's a trained classical dancer.
- Her ears were bleeding due to the heavy earrings she had to wear for the filming of the music video 'Dola Re Dola' from the movie "Devdas" (2002).
- Sued 'Star and Style' magazine for a sum of Rs 2 crores for printing an article claiming actress Raveena Tandon had caught her and Akshay Kumar in a compromising position at the pool side of a five star hotel.
- Before becoming a star she once auditioned for voice dubbing for a television serial, and was rejected.
- She turned down the role of Priya in the film "Chalte Chalte" (2003).
- Along with Aamir Khan, the two are the only stars to advertise for both Coca Cola and Pepsi.
- Receives at least two movie offers every day.
- Speaks English, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil and Urdu.
- Rekha is the first movie star she's ever met.
- Turned down the lead role in "Munnabhai M.B.B.S." (2003) which later given to Gracy Singh.
- Turned down the role of Mastani in "Bajirao Mastani" film (2005).
- Is a Bunt, a South Indian community who mainly speak Tulu, which is Aiswarya's mother tongue.
- Is the first Bollywood star to appear in Rolling Stone magazine (Issue 932, October 2, 2003).
- Signed as L'Oreal's new international brand ambassador in April 2003.
- Voted as The Most Attractive Woman of 2003 in a poll conducted by Hello Magazine, beating Nicole Kidman, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Gwyneth Paltrow.
- Her weakness is willingness to take people at face value, while her positive side is self-assurance that's ever present even in the worst situations.
- She's possessive about the people she cares for.
- Her dream man is a kind of handsome, but not necessarily tall and dark.
- What make her happiest are family and a very close group of friends.
- Admits to never go on diet.
- Her favorite movie of all-time is "Casablanca."
- Raj Kapoor and Nargis are her favorite hero-heroines.
- Earned the title of Miss World 1994 at the age of 20.
- Featured in the Guinness Book of World Records 2004.
- Has successfully achieved icon status all over South Asia.
- Her favorite subject in college was Zoology.
- She was the Coca Cola Girl for the Middle Eastern countries.
- Camlin pencils is her first ever commercial, which she makes when she was in the 9th grade.
- Originally cast in the role of Jwala in the film "1857: The Rising" (2004), but dropped out before filming started due to contract problems and the role was later given to Amisha Patel.
- Not too fond of jewelry, loves to collect watches instead.
- Attending the premiere of her film "Devdas" at the 2002 Cannes Film Festival in a coach and wearing a beautiful yellow-orange embroidered sari, caused a hysteria.
- The April 2003 incident she had on the set of "Khakee" rekindled the discussion about poor safety standards on Bollywood film sets.
- Broke a bone in one foot and suffered severe cuts on the sets of "Khakee" (2003) when a car driven by a stuntman got out of control, hit her, took her down a crevice and slammed her into a cactus plant.
- Has becoming the ambassador for Longines watches since 1999.
- Is the runner up of Miss India 1994.
- Being offered Rani Mukherjee's role in "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai."
- Originally wanted to study medicine, but circumstances prevented her.
- Was born in a traditional south Indian family.
- Has several nicknames, including Ash, Aishu, Gullu, and The Queen of Bollywood.
- Her movie "Bride and Prejudice" (2004), for which she gained 20 pounds to add a sense of realism to the character, is a Bollywood version of Jane Asuteen's classic novel "Pride and Prejudice."
- Was one of TIME Magazine's "100 Most Influential People in the World" (2004).
- Is the first Indian actress chosen to be on the jury at the Cannes International Film Festival.
- Has made more than 50 music videos in only 7 years.
- Aishwarya is the highest paid actress in Bollywood.
- She signed for L'Oréal Paris, DeBeers Diamonds, and Coca-Cola.