Waka Flocka Flame Assures He's 'Safe' After Canceling North Carolina Show Due to Deadly Shooting

The 'Hard in da Paint' rapper is supposed to perform at the University of North Carolina Charlotte, where a man opens fire ahead of the show, killing two people and injuring four individuals.

AceShowbiz - Waka Flocka Flame was forced to cancel his performance at the University of North Carolina Charlotte following a deadly shooting that happened at the campus. The rapper, who was supposed to perform on Tuesday night, April 30, took to Instagram Stories to announce the cancellation in addition to sending prayers to those affected by the incident.

"I pray all my fans are safe and ok! [Not] sure what's going on, I just landed in Charlotte to terry news!" Waka wrote on the photo-sharing platform. "I will not be able to perform or even make it to the venue.. please to all my supporters and followers be safe!"

Waka Flocka Flame's Instagram Stories.

Waka Flocka Flame announced the cancellation of his show at the University of North Carolina Charlotte.

Some fans apparently thought that the "Hard in da Paint" rapper was near the location of the shooting, prompting them to tell him to take care of his safety. Responding to the fans' concern, he tweeted, "I'm safe y'all."

Waka Flocka Flame's Twitter post.

Waka Flocka Flame assured fans he's safe following the shooting.

UNC Charlotte's office of emergency management reported that a man opened fire near the Kennedy Building inside the campus, leaving two people dead and four injured. Chief Jeff Barker of the UNCC Police and Public Safety Department said at a news conference that three of those injured were in critical condition, while the fourth had less serious injuries.

Trystan Andrew Terrell, who was suspected to be the gunman, was taken into custody as police said that they did not believe there were other suspects besides the 22-year-old. Authorities added that charges were pending against him, declining to elaborate on a possible motive for the shooting. "One officer immediately went to the suspect to take him down," Chrief Barker said, adding that the suspect did not say anything when he was taken into custody.

Even though the suspect was already arrested, UNC Charlotte remained on lockdown while police cleared the buildings. Exams were canceled through Sunday.

You can share this post!

Related Posts