AceShowbiz - Bosses at streaming giants Netflix are ready for an Aziz Ansari comeback.
According to editors at Page Six, Netflix executives "would be happy" to make another season of the comedian's award-winning show "Master of None", and are just waiting for Ansari to indicate when he is ready to return.
The 35-year-old has been laying low for several months after being accused of sexual misconduct.
During the Television Critics Association's press tour in Beverly Hills on Sunday, July 29, Cindy Holland, Netflix vice president of original series, insisted the star would be welcomed with open arms upon his return by the streaming network.
"We would be happy to make another season of Master of None when Aziz is ready," Holland told the audience.
The funnyman came under fire in January after an anonymous New York-based photographer accused Ansari of coercing her into performing sex acts following an early 2017 date, which resulted in the couple going back to the actor's place.
At the time, Ansari addressed the claims, explaining he and the woman in question had engaged "in sexual activity, which by all indications was completely consensual".
Netflix did not cancel the show or remove Ansari, a creator of the show as well as playing its main character, from the project in response to the article.
Programming executives reportedly tried to get Ansari to commit to another run last year, without any luck. And co-creator and star Lena Waithe told The Independent in March: "I mean, I talk to Aziz...but it's the last thing that ever comes up in our conversations."
Ansari won a Golden Globe in 2018 for the role in the Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy category. He also won an Emmy for the show in 2016 and 2017 for Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series.