'Beetlejuice 2' Is NOT in Development, Tim Burton's Rep Confirms
Movie

Although the filmmaker had expressed an interest in reviving the classic ghost story in the past, he prefers to focus on his two current projects.

AceShowbiz - Sorry, no "Beetlejuice " sequel is coming. A representative for Tim Burton has confirmed that the latest report circulating about "Beetlejuice 2" being actively developed is mere rumor.

The hush hush went way back to Tuesday, March 8 when ShowbizSpy reported that Burton had confirmed the movie was happening with Warner Bros. Their source in London claimed Burton told him that original stars Winona Ryder and Michael Keaton were on board and a script was already in hand.

Unfortunately, none of it is true. A representative for the filmmaker told EW that the source's comment was fabricated and no "Beetlejuice" project is currently in development. The rep also told Independent U.K., "I rep Tim Burton and wanted to let you know that Tim did not provide a statement to confirm 'Beetlejuice 2' as the movie is not in development. Tim's focus is entirely on 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' and developing 'Dumbo'."

It's no secret that Burton and the stars had previously expressed their interest in revisiting the horror comedy. Ryder even told Seth Meyers in August last year that she heard Burton telling the press about making the sequel. The 43-year-old actress played teenage goth in the original ghost story classic and she was very much interested in finding out the character's faith 27 years later.

Back in 2014, Keaton said, "I've e-mailed Tim a couple of times, talked to the writer a couple of times, but all really, really preliminary stuff. I always said that's the one thing I'd like to do again, if I ever did anything again. But it kind of required Tim to be involved some way or another."

You can share this post!

Related Posts