Jay Leno Confirms He's Not Canceled During Monologue


Jay Leno Confirms He's Not Canceled During Monologue


There have been talks between NBC executives, Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien to make some changes in the late night talk shows' schedule that would ship Jay back to 11.35 P.M. slot.
Jay Leno wants his old time slot back. Things may be uncertain surrounding the status of "The Jay Leno Show" but TMZ has quoted some sources as saying that the talk show is indeed going back to its 11.35 P.M. time slot.

It was reported on Thursday morning that NBC was considering to give Jay his old spot back due to shrinking ratings. Conan O'Brien, who replaced him at 11.35 P.M., consequently will be given a later hour which starts at 12.05 A.M. There had been lengthy discussions with Jay and Conan on Thursday but no final decision has been made.

Meanwhile, Jay has addressed the situation on his monologue on Thursday, January 7 evening, cracking a joke that NBC stands for "Never Believe your Contract". Regarding the rumor that he's canceled, he said, "I don't think there is any truth to the rumors. See, it's always been my experience that NBC only cancels you when you're in first place. So we are fine. We are OK."

The network has also released a statement, saying "We remain committed to keeping Conan O'Brien on NBC. He is a valued part of our late-night lineup, as he has been for more than 16 years, and is one of the most respected entertainers on television."

Additionally, there's a plan B being discussed to have "Jay Leno" for half-an-hour only and "The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien" for an hour sliding back to its start time by half-an-hour. In this manner, "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" would kick off at 1.05 A.M. for an hour show.

According to NBC executives, the fixed schedule will be effective immediately after the Winter Olympics coverage on February 28. Sources said "Jay Leno" would go on hiatus starting February 1.


MORE FROM NEWS
Leave a Comment

Required fields are marked with *

  random image