if ($layoutType == 'mobile')
mb_bottomframe($kanal, $htmlfile, $brstatus);
Denzel Washington Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Denzel Washington
> Denzel Washington Trivia
- Famous as : Actor
- Birth Name : Denzel Hayes Washington Jr.
- Birth Date : December 28, 1954
- Birth Place : Mount Vernon, New York, USA
- Spouse : Pauletta Pearson (actress, since 25-Jun-83)
- Claim to Fame : As Dr. Philip Chandler in TV series "St. Elsewhere" (1982-1988)
- Has been chosen the No. 1 America's Favorite Movie Star in the nationwide Harris Poll in 2007.
- Included in Forbes magazine's Top 10 list of the Most Trusted Celebrities in America (September 2006).
- Became the supporter of many charities including Nelson Mandela's Children's Fund and an AIDS hospice, Gathering Place.
- Positioned #40 in Premiere's 2002 annual Power 100 List and ranked #28 in the next year.
- Was already paid $20 million even though the movie "American Gangster" (2007) was delayed for years.
- Was the first Afro-American actor to receive two Oscars.
- Chosen as the 39th Greatest Movie Star of All Time by Premiere Magazine.
- Named VH1's 100 Hottest Hotties at #59.
- Changed major of study from Biology to Political Science and finally landed the choice to Journalism/Drama major in college.
- Took star-athletes like Jim Brown and Gale Sayers as the role models of his youth.
- Was predicted by an old lady to be 'a person who will entertain millions one day' when he was still very young in a barbershop.
- Had been regarded by Tom Hanks as a great teacher for acting.
- Went to the same church as actors Dwayne Winstead, Sy Richardson, Marvin Wright-Bey and Fitz Houston.
- Serves as the spokesperson of Boys and Girls Clubs of America since he was a member of the Boys Club once himself.
- Frequently worked with director Edward Zwick.
- Had worked with director Spike Lee for three times.
- Listed as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the world by People Magazine in 1990 and 2002.
- Listed as one of E!'s "Top 20 Entertainers of 2001"
- Was featured in Newsweek cover story and taken as an example in a scientific explanation of why he was an extremely handsome man.
- Listed as the 1996 Sexiest Man Alive by People Magazine.
- Received Harvard Foundation Award in 1996.
- Confronted the director of "Crimson Tide" (1995), Quentin Tarantino because he used racial slurs in the script.
- Was the second Afro American actor to win an Oscar for Best Actor in a Leading Role after Sidney Poitier.
- Named one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history at #77 in 1995 by the Empire magazine.
- His son John David Washington also pursued the career of acting and appeared along him in "Malcolm X" (1992).
- His son, Malcolm was named after the character Malcolm Little whom he played in "Malcolm X" (1992).
- Played Malcolm X in an off-Broadway production of "When the Chickens Came Home to Roost" in early 1980s before portraying the same character in the movie "Malcolm X" (1992).
- Is the cousin of Ukee Washington who is a CBS anchorman.
- Was entitled "Police Chief for a Day" when he was a member of The Boys and Girls Club of America as a kid.
- His father was named after the doctor that delivered his father and then inherited the name to him.