AceShowbiz - DMX had a serious health scare on Monday, February 8. The 45-year-old rapper fell unconscious in the parking lot of Ramada Inn in Yonkers, New York. According to TMZ, he stopped breathing and didn't have a pulse when police were called.
The officers quickly administered CPR once arriving on the scene and gave the rapper Narcan which is usually used an antidote for narcotic drug overdoses. His pulse returned a minute later. He was taken to hospital and is now in stable condition.
"This was an excellent job by the officers and they definitely saved the life," Lt. Patrick McCormack told the Daily News without naming the rapper. "They found him in a lifeless condition with no breathing. They were able to bring back some breathing."
An eyewitness claimed DMX "ingested" a powder before he collapsed but the rapper later denied allegations that he took drugs. He said he had shortness of breath after suffering bronchitis for a couple of days and asked for his inhaler before he fainted.