Episode PremiereOctober 17, 2010
Show Period2004 - Now
Production CompanyEndemol Ent., Lock and Key Prod., ABC, Greengrass
Cast and Crew
- Ty Pennington
- Paul DiMeo
- Paige Hemmis
- Michael Moloney
- Ed Sanders
- Tracy Hutson
- Tanya McQueen
- Eduardo Xol
- John Littlefield
- Rib Hillis
Let's dance! Members of the Dancing With The Stars cast take a break from the ballroom to join Ty and the team as they help out the Arboleda Family of Wisconsin.
Originally from the Philippines, mom and dad came to America to give their family a better life. Rex Arboleda is a music teacher who started a program that encourages his students to "move to the groove" in an effort to fight childhood obesity. The home is falling apart and is not nearly big enough for the whole family. But don't play any sad songs for this music man just yet because help is on the way!
Derek Hough helps surprise the family with a musical dance number to usher in a big bus and a guy named Ty who is armed with a bullhorn. After the family heads off on a Disney vacation, some more hoofers from Dancing With The Stars tango their way over to the build. Cheslie Hightower, Mark Ballas, Tony Dovolani and Anna Trebunska turn in their dancing shoes for some work boots. But first they do a little demolition to the groove that really brings down the house.
Derek Hough takes the lead as he tells his friends all about the dance floor he plans to put in the basement. Michael, Paige and Xzibit are the designers of the day and the entire community comes out when the family returns and we MOVE THAT BUS!Here's what the Arboleda family sees:
- The beautiful exterior features a brand new two-story house that symbolizes the family's desire to fulfill the American dream. The best news of all, the people in the community pay off the entire mortgage on the home.
- The former two-person-wide living room is now big enough for the whole family. The kitchen is state-of-the-art and twice as big as before.
- The bedroom Michael creates really takes shape, probably because it's filled with giants shapes. There's even a cool ball pit to play in!
- Xzibit helps create a dojo-style bedroom complete with kicking pad.
- Paige creates a room that gives the feeling that you're walking onto a Hollywood set. The microphone that stands before a musical concert mural would make any kid feel like a star.
- The superhero headquarters room is a technologically cool lair that literally lights up at the touch of a hand.
- Ty converts and old ice cream truck into a mobile headquarters for Rex's "move and groove" dance program. Schools all over Wisconsin are ready to follow Rex's lead and move to the groove.
- Ty gives the family's master bedroom a feel of the Philippines with a beautiful hand-crafted chest filled with albums holding photos from their native land. The high roof and walk-in closet are incredible.
- The giant basement dance floor is the perfect place to kick back and get down. And they do!
The Kimberly-Clark company got its start in the family's hometown. They donate a year's supply of their products and also provide a $100,000 college fund for the kids. Good thing the company makes tissues. Sniff, sniff. Welcome home, Arboleda family. Welcome home.