Episode PremiereFebruary 21, 2010
Show Period2004 - Now
Production CompanyEndemol Ent., Lock and Key Prod., ABC, Greengrass
Cast and Crew
- Ty Pennington
- Paul DiMeo
- Paige Hemmis
- Michael Moloney
- Ed Sanders
- Tracy Hutson
- Tanya McQueen
- Eduardo Xol
- John Littlefield
- Rib Hillis
It's time to "rock and roll" as we head off to Gainesville, Florida to help the Wagstaff Family!
Tobin and Jill Wagstaff first met in a college band where their hearts would beat faster than any drum major ever could. This loving couple married and grew to a family of six. Their love of music inspired them to start Studio Percussion, Inc, a non-profit music school. Unfortunately, the Wagstaffs are at a point where they can't continue with the studio and are unable live in a house that needs serious work.
But there's no need for sad songs just yet, as we know some folks who can rock and roll all night and party every day. More on that later. Right now, Ty takes a tour and immediately notices the carport is only supported by a few 2x4s. Once inside the house, we see the extent of some serious water damage. The ceiling panels are still damp when Ty pulls one down. This simply will not do.
The Wagstaff family heads to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for their family vacation. We then get to experience "Rock and Roll Demo," a song that webelieve should play at every demolition. We just can't enough of the team's totally rockin' costumes and hairdos.
The Wagstaffs meet super group Kiss. The band invites Tobin to jam with them. It's an experience we're sure he'll never forget. Would you? Later, the family and Kiss visit a middle school for another special surprise. Everyone is gathered into the auditorium where Kiss informs them that they are receiving brand new instruments for their music program. The instruments were donated through The Mr. Holland's Opus Foundation in the name of the Wagstaff family. The vacation ends when the family rocks out at a totally wild Kiss concert. Love it!
Now onto the Wagstaff home:
- The Living Room: Jill loves the orange walls. The room is much more open thanks to the brand new vaulted ceiling which replaces their previous low hanging one.
- The Comic Room: TJ believes this is the best room in the house. Paul had broken TJ's easel earlier in the week. Of course, he replaced it with a much better one complete with a snazzy backlight.
- The Hot Rod Room: Rudy and Dallas can't wait to race in their new hot rod beds. Ty calls the first race, which ends in a surprising tie.
- The '50's Diner Room: Larissa Jolene loves her new room. Didi included a small grill for her to fulfill her orders whenever she has customers at the diner. Wonder if she'll expect a tip.
- The Master Bedroom: Eduardo really carried a musical theme throughout the room. The headboard of the bed is even made of guitar strings!
- The Music Studio: Ty created a room that's a great collaboration space for Tobin and Jill to teach their kids music for years to come. The room even opens up to the backyard, just in case they ever want to have a little outdoor concert.
The Wagstaff Family shows us how their passion for music can benefit a whole community. With a makeover and completely paid off house, Tobin and Jill will have even more time to develop an already successful music school. Welcome home, Wagstaff Family. You guys rock!