It's another trip on the bus to meet another unforgettable family. This time Ty and the gang are off to Champagne, Illinois to help the Montgomerys. Watching their home video, we can see this special family gives to their community which means the last thing on their minds is their own needs.
Nathan and Jenny met their senior year of high school and have been together ever since. They have four beautiful children (two boys and two girls). Nathan was climbing the corporate ladder when he decided to dedicate his time to making a difference in the community. He started Salt & Light, a non-profit organization that provides food and necessities for families all over Champagne.
In these times of such a troubled economy, this foundation is needed now more than ever. However, the Montgomery family home needs repairs now more than ever as well. Their 100-year-old house is falling apart. Jenny needs a safe home for the kids. As they take us on the tour of their house, we can see just how much they've already sacrificed. The extreme team is ready to give them the new house they deserve as the Montgomery family takes a well-deserved vacation.
We witness one of the best domino-effect demolitions ever. So long old house, hello get on the bus volunteers. Some celebrity chefs step away from their kitchens as Rocco DiSpirito, Sandra Lee and Art Smith join the extreme team.
The team puts this culinary crew to work right away. Rocco has his first experience with a sanding tool, something he's wanted to use since childhood. Not only do these celebrity chefs help with the building, but they get to do what they do best by preparing gourmet food at the Salt & Light headquarters. The organization really hits home for Sandra Lee who gives us a firsthand account of the importance of a full pantry in a hungry household.
The Montgomery family returns from vacation and here is the breakdown of their new house:
- The Robotics Room is full of super cool gadgets for young Ashton who now a room full of robots in all shapes and sizes.
- The new kitchen has the little girls thinking everything is made of chocolate
- There's a fort-like feel as the bunk bed has a trap door to get down, there are guns and targets everywhere.
- In the Candy Shoppe, Addy and Lily are surrounded by sweets.
- In the master bedroom, the only thing Nathan can say is "awesome." We agree. Above the bed, Jenny and Nathan are given a visual representation of just how many lives they've helped.
The Montgomery family is a loving group that gives their all and expects nothing in return. But just because they never expect anything in return, it doesn't mean they don't deserve it. Welcome home Montgomery family. Welcome home.