March 15, 2011 08:15:32 GMT
Although she has not ruled out the shows, the 'Walk On By' hitmaker admits she is afraid of the disaster and is not looking forward to the events, saying, 'We're still waiting for word'.
Singer Dionne Warwick is considering pulling two upcoming Japanese concerts, because she fears further tremors following last week's earthquake disaster. The "Walk on By" star admits she's terrified of quakes, and moved out of Los Angeles when the last "big one" hit the city.
She still hasn't ruled out the upcoming shows in Tokyo, but she's not looking forward to the trip. She says, "We're still waiting for word. The last we heard it was still no power, they're still having aftershocks and I don't do earthquakes very well... They ran me out of this town... I left here in a flash."
"Back east you kinda get a warning about hurricanes, you get a warning about tornadoes, so you know what to do. That last earthquake here, it threw me outta bed and when I got my bearings, I said, 'OK, I'm outta here... Whatever's here can stay.' "