Susan Boyle Beats Ewan McGregor as Scot of the Year


Susan Boyle Beats Ewan McGregor as Scot of the Year


Receiving a 95 per cent share of the public vote, Susan Boyle wins over actor Ewan McGregor and politician Tommy Sheridan.

Singing sensation Susan Boyle has seen off competition from actor Ewan McGregor to be named Scot of the Year. Boyle enjoyed a meteoric rise to fame after footage of her audition on U.K. TV show "Britain's Got Talent" in 2009 spread across the internet and made her an overnight star.

She has since enjoyed two number one records in both Britain and the U.S., and was named Sony's highest-selling international artist earlier this week. The unlikely pop idol has now earned a much more personal honor - she's been voted Scotland's star of the year for 2010.

She received a 95 per cent share of the public vote, ahead of disgraced Scottish politician Tommy Sheridan, who is facing a jail term for perjury, in second place with three per cent. McGregor was third with two per cent in the ScotsCare survey.

© AceShowbiz.com


MORE FROM NEWS

Comments

  •  
    Marci Wheat
    Jan 27, 2011

    Way to go, SuBo! Wow, 95%!!! The world really DOES love you! The remaining 5% just wanted to start a debate.

Leave a Comment

Required fields are marked with *

   

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
  2. Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
  3. Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
  4. Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
  5. North West Serves as Flower Girl at a Wedding and Dances Adorably at the Party
  6. 'Spider-Man' Star Tom Holland Has a Secret Role in 'A Monster Calls'. Get the Details!
  7. Exes Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Trapped in Elevator for Four Hours. Was It Awkward?
  8. Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
  9. Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
  10. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?

CELEBS PHOTO