December 07, 2010 06:48:51 GMT
Calling the gagging order completely false, Christina Milian says, 'I'm free to speak about anything that I want to, except that we chose especially, the settlement, not to make that public.'
Singer/actress Christina Milian is baffled by reports she has been banned from talking about her divorce from R&B producer The-Dream, insisting rumors of a gagging order are "completely" false. The former couple agreed a divorce settlement out of court last month, nine months after the birth of its daughter, Violet.
Details about their split agreement and custody plans were not disclosed and Milian insists that information will never be made public - although she's taken issue with inaccurate claims she's been ordered to remain silent about their brief marriage.
She says, "It's creepy, I have no idea where that rumor came from. It's completely a rumor... Everything about that is so fictitious. I'm free to speak about anything that I want to, except that we chose especially, the settlement, not to make that public."
And Milian, who wed The-Dream in September 2009 after a whirlwind romance, is confident she will eventually patch up her differences with her ex-husband for the sake of their baby girl. She adds, "I don't wanna fight... We chose to keep it really simple. I really want my daughter to have her father around and to have a friendship, to try and build somewhat of a friendship for my daughter, and to be able to speak to each other."