November 23, 2010 08:24:58 GMT
To say Happy 18th Birthday to Miley Cyrus, 18 fascinating things about her including her acting and music careers are compiled.
Photo credit: Lia Toby/WENN
Pop princess marks a big milestone in her life on Tuesday, November 23 - the pop star turns 18. The daughter of country singer and his now-estranged wife Tish, Miley was always destined for a life in the spotlight.
Since finding fame as "" in 2006, she has gained a loyal fan following around the world and is now a successful solo singer. To say Happy Birthday to Miley, WENN has compiled 18 fascinating facts about the teen star:
- Born on November 23, 1992, she was christened Destiny Hope Cyrus. Her childhood nickname Smiley - referencing her cheerful demeanor and ever-present grin - was later shortened to Miley, and she stuck with the moniker.
- Her parents married when she was just a month old.
- Her revenge track "Seven Things" is said to have been written about ex-boyfriend .
- She celebrated her 16th birthday at Disneyland in California, which was closed to allow Miley to chill out with friends, family and lucky fans.
- She sports a number of tattoos, including the word 'Love' on her ear and the phrase 'Just Breathe' on her chest. She also has her nose pierced.
- Her big break playing Miley Stewart in "Hannah Montana" almost never happened - "" star was also in the running for the role.
- Cyrus has gained an impressive haul of trophies - she's won 13 Teen Choice Awards and five Kids' Choice Awards.
- Her celebrity fans include and , who had Cyrus' initials tattooed on his arm in exchange for a cameo on "Hannah Montana".
- She was inspired to become an actress after seeing a production of "" in Canada in 2001, but, before she hit the big time, Cyrus had a more normal job - she helped out at the Sparkles Cleaning Service.
- The singer/actress published her autobiography, Miles to Go, at the tender age of 16.
- She rang in 2009 by performing a special gig at a high school gym.
- Aged 15, Cyrus provoked a storm of fury from parenting groups after appearing in an Annie Leibovitz spread for Vanity Fair magazine wearing just a sheet wrapped around her bare back and chest.
- Cyrus landed a cameo in the "" movie sequel, in which she wore the same dress as 's character on the red carpet for a comedy scene.
- The singer loves to surprise her young fans - last year she popped in to a London school to give pupils lessons on how to be a star and earlier this month, she visited an elementary school in Derby, England to meet two big fans.
- She teamed up with fashion guru Max Azria for her line Miley Cyrus & Max Azria, which was stocked in Wal-Mart stores across the U.S.
- Cyrus devastated millions of young fans when she quit Twitter.com in 2009.
- The teenager showed off her charitable side last month by clearing out her closet and donating all her unwanted clothes to a homeless shelter in Los Angeles.
- She celebrated her 18th birthday with a celebrity party after the American Music Awards on Sunday night, November 21. Guests included and her daughter .