Mario Cleared of Assault Charges


His mom who called on police after he reportedly shoved her, has asked the judge in the case to dismiss it.

An assault charge against Mario has been dropped after his troubled mother asked a judge to dismiss the case against the R&B singer on Wednesday, November 3. The "Let Me Love You" hitmaker was taken into custody and charged with second degree assault last month after his mum, Shawntia Hardaway, told police he had been damaging property at their home in Baltimore, Maryland and had reportedly shoved her.

Hardaway, a former heroin addict, also claimed Mario had been violent towards her just days before his arrest. Mario was released on $50,000 bail and spoke out publicly to back his mother, who is reportedly battling an alcohol problem. He said, "I love my mother very much... I will continue to support her any way that I can."

Hardaway went before a Baltimore judge on Wednesday to admit she had been drinking at the time of their altercation and requested that the case against her son be dropped - and prosecutors agreed. The singer has vowed to continue "supporting his mother" as she battles her personal issues, according to his lawyer, William Murphy III.

He tells the Baltimore Sun, "Anyone who has waged the battle to save loved ones from the forces of drugs knows the irrational behavior that almost always accompanies their actions. Mario remains committed to supporting his mother."

"It was clear from the beginning that Mario never touched or struck his mother. She was under the influence of drugs when she gave her statement to police. To her credit, she corrected her statement in court today."


Recommended News

Leave a Comment

Required fields are marked with *