WHAT'S HOT?

Stuart Cable Died of Choking on His Own Vomit

October 20, 2010 09:23:31 GMT

The Stereophonics star went through a three-day straight heavy drinking before he passed out on his home's floor and never came back to life.


Stuart Cable, Stereophonics
See larger image
Photo credit: /WENN

Former Stereophonics drummer Stuart Cable died after choking on his own vomit following a three-day booze binge, an inquest has heard. The rocker, who quit the band in 2003, was found dead at his home in Wales by his partner Rachel Jones on June 7.

An inquest into his death on Tuesday, October 19 heard how the musician had started drinking at a rugby club three days before his death. He continued to drink heavily the next day after his BBC Wales radio show until the early hours of the following morning.

When he awoke he went straight to the same pub again and carried on drinking before returning home and downing vodka and whiskey. He was found dead on the floor the next morning. Coroner Peter Maddox gave a verdict of accidental death.

A statement from his family says, "We can't put into words how much Stuart meant to us."


 




Post Your Comments


Screen Name
Please Enter   
Comment
 
 
 
RSS
FB
Twitter