October 08, 2010 06:15:38 GMT
An assault investigation against the rocker filed by Jessica Radowicz who claimed she was left shaken up and bruised by the star was closed due to insufficient evidence.
Rocker Vince Neil has one less thing to worry about - an assault investigation surrounding an alleged attack on a woman in a Las Vegas elevator has been dropped due to insufficient evidence. Jessica Radowicz filed a police report claiming she was manhandled by the rocker when she recognized him in an elevator at the Hilton resort over America's Labor Day weekend, September 5, and the alleged altercation left her shaken up and bruised.
Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department officials launched an investigation but have now closed the case, insisting surveillance video doesn't support the alleged victim's story. A spokeswoman says, "The video does not show evidence of the victim being pushed. Furthermore, the alleged victim refused to make a statement, so the case has been cleared out."
Hilton hotel bosses had already dismissed the Californian woman's claims after conducting their own investigation into the matter. Hotel Executive Vice President Ken Ciancimino told WENN, "As we always do for the protection and security of our guests, we have conducted our own investigation of this incident."
"After reviewing surveillance video and interviewing witnesses, we've concluded that her allegations against Vince Neil are completely unfounded. We also understand that the local authorities have deemed her allegations to be without merit. Accordingly, we consider the matter closed."
But Neil's legal woes in Las Vegas are far from over - the rocker was arrested after local police caught him driving drunk in June. He was allegedly three times over the legal alcohol limit and charged with DUI and speeding. He will be arraigned next week, October 11.