September 30, 2010 02:54:48 GMT
When a fire alarm sounded early in the morning at the Brown University dormitory, Emma Watson along with the other students were evacuated from the building.
"Harry Potter" star Emma Watson was caught up in an emergency at her university on Tuesday, September 28 after a leaking steam pipe prompted an evacuation of her dorm. The actress, who is studying English Literature at Rhode Island's prestigious Brown University, was among a number of students who were forced out of the building in their pajamas when a fire alarm sounded early in the morning. A source tells TMZ.com the alarm was triggered by a faulty steam pipe which was later fixed and pupils were allowed to return to their rooms.
Emma Watson enrolled in Rhode Island's prestigious Brown University in 2009 and admitted she worried about being ostracized by her fellow classmates. She told Vanity Fair magazine earlier this year, "(The first week) was just awful. I was like, 'I must be mad. Why am I doing this?' "
"I was scared before I came to Brown that I wasn't going to be allowed to have both (a career and a normal life). People would think that I didn't deserve to have both. (I was afraid they'd think), 'You're famous. You're given free handbags. Why should you deserve to be normal?' "
But the 20 year old soon found her place - and even joined in the college fun by attending a fraternity party. She says, "I felt like I'd walked into an American teen movie. I picked up the red cups. I was like, 'Wow, they really do drink from these.' "