WHAT'S HOT?

Leonardo DiCaprio Granted Restraining Order Against 'Wife'

September 11, 2010 03:51:38 GMT

Livia Bistriceanu who claimed she bore the actor's child, is told by Los Angeles judge to stay away from DiCaprio for three years.


Leonardo DiCaprio
See larger image
Photo credit: /WENN

Leonardo DiCaprio has won a three-year restraining order against a woman who insists she's pregnant with his child. Livia Bistriceanu also claims to be the "Titanic" star's wife. A Los Angeles judge granted the actor court protection from her during a brief hearing on Friday, September 10 morning.

Bistriceanu was apprehended recently after showing up at DiCaprio's Hollywood home. The actor didn't attend the hearing, but had previously stated he was terrified of the woman, who has twice been placed on psychiatric hold, and he feared she presented a threat to his personal safety.

The "Shutter Island" star filed a sworn declaration against 41-year-old Bistriceanu last month. He insisted he had never met Bistriceanu, but she has sent him numerous handwritten letters containing statements suggesting she believed they were married and he was the father of her unborn child. The documents read: "I am frightened of Ms. Bistriceanu and feel that my personal safety, and the personal safety of those around me, is in jeopardy."

The actor was granted a temporary restraining order against Bistriceanu on August 25, demanding she stay at least 100 yards away from the actor. On Friday, a Los Angeles judge ruled the order will remain in place for the next three years.

The order comes a day after Canadian woman Aretha Wilson pleaded not guilty to a charge of slashing DiCaprio's face with a piece of glass during a party in 2005. Wilson has pleaded not guilty to assault with a deadly weapon and has also been told to stay away from the star.


 




Post Your Comments


Screen Name
Please Enter   
Comment
 
 
RSS
FB
Twitter