Find out what he shares in common with rapper Lil Jon, what ads he has appeared in and the list of girls he has dated.
Joe Jonas has a big birthday to celebrate - the pop hunk has turned 21! It was 21 years ago on August 15 that Joseph Adam Jonas was born in Casa Grande, Arizona, the second of four boys born to Paul and Denise Jonas.
And who would have imagined just how big a star the kid would become, having found fame and taken over the charts as one third of the Jonas Brothers, playing alongside his siblings Kevin Jonas and Nick Jonas.
The singer/actor is guaranteed to be having a blast celebrating his big day while on tour with the band, and to mark the momentous occasion, WENN has dug out the 10 most fascinating facts about Mr. Joe Jonas:
- He was born in Arizona but grew up in New Jersey.
- He originally harbored dreams of becoming a comedian.
- His musical talent literally runs through his veins - his father Paul, a former Christian minister, is a songwriter and musician, and his mother Denise, a one time sign language teacher, is a singer.
- Months before taking the pop world by storm, Joe appeared with his bandmate brothers in commercials for U.S. clothing chain GAP, singing the jingle for Baby Bottle Pops.
- Joe shares a common bond with Hollywood actor Jake Gyllenhaal and rappers Lil Jon and RZA - they all appear in Vampire Weekend's video for "Giving Up the Gun".
- He landed a guest role in Betty White's new TV comedy "Hot In Cleveland", starring as the son of Valerie Bertinelli's character, Melanie. The episode aired in the U.S. this week.
- He famously broke up with Taylor Swift in a 27-second phone call, according to the country star herself. They dated in 2008 and Swift documented her emotions on her heartbreak song "Forever & Always".
- Joe has also previously dated Aly & AJ's AJ Michalka, actress Camilla Belle and Demi Lovato.
- He appeared on the "American Idol" judging panel during auditions in Dallas, Texas in January.
- Joe and his brothers are the founders of a charity softball team, The Road Dogs, hitting the field with members of their tour crew.