Bon Jovi Deny Complaining About Forbes Rich List Omission

July 27, 2010 03:04:17 GMT

'That's ridiculous. Last year, the band took an eight-month break from touring, so there was no expectation that they would rank on this year's list,' a rep says.


Bon Jovi
See larger image
Photo credit: Sean Thorton/WENN

A representative for Jon Bon Jovi has dismissed reports the singer was unhappy with the band's omission from Forbes' recent music rich list - insisting the rockers never "expected" to be included. The band failed to make it onto the 2010 Musicians' Rich List earlier this month, when the poll was topped by Irish rockers U2 and also included AC/DC, Beyonce Knowles and Bruce Springsteen.

The list, which was compiled based on musicians' earnings, is said to have been disputed by reps for Bon Jovi following the band's omission. A rep for Forbes is said to have confirmed the complaint to New York Post gossip column Page Six, telling the publication, "Forbes estimated each act's earnings between June 2009 and June 2010 and included revenue streams such as concert dates, merchandise sales, licensing fees, music sales, and publishing royalties. Bon Jovi didn't tour for eight of those months."

But a spokesperson for Bon Jovi is adamant no one in their camp complained to Forbes, adding, "That's ridiculous. Last year, the band took an eight-month break from touring, so there was no expectation that they would rank on this year's list. Next year, different story - their current tour is No. 1 in North America right now and No. 2 worldwide."


 




Post Your Comments


Screen Name
Please Enter   
Comment
 
 
 
RSS
FB
Twitter