The tennis player, who was rushed to hospital on June 27, recovers well after the 'accidental overdose'.
Former tennis ace Jennifer Capriati was hospitalised on Sunday, June 27 after taking an "accidental overdose" of prescription medication, according to members of her family. The sports star, 34, was admitted to a Florida medical facility after paramedics were called to a hotel in Riviera Beach.
Capriati was still receiving treatment on Monday, June 28 but her relatives have played down the incident amid speculation about the drugs she had taken. Family members tell TMZ.com Capriati is "recuperating at a South Florida hospital from an accidental overdose of medication prescribed to Jen by her personal physicians".
The former women's world number one, who has three Grand Slam titles to her name, has previously battled eating disorders and suffered from depression.