Johnnie Cabbell insisted he hasn't received any type of correspondence from Gucci Mane concerning the dismissal.
A booking agent allegedly fired by incarcerated rapper Gucci Mane insists he has not received "any type of correspondence" to confirm the report. Mane announced from prison that he had sacked his management team and promoters after becoming embroiled in a lawsuit stemming from his failure to perform at two gigs because of his parole restrictions.
In the lawsuit filed last week, it was claimed Mane - real name Radric Davis - and two associates accepted cash deposits to perform concerts in full knowledge of the restrictions, which prevented the star from leaving his home in Georgia. Mane told fans on Tuesday, May 4 he had parted ways with management company, Mizay Entertainment, and booking agency, Hitt Afta Hitt Enterprises, saying, "I'm taking control of all of my business properties and keeping the focus on my career, my music and my artists."
But the owner of Hitt Afta Hitt Enterprises, Johnnie Cabbell, insists he has not been told of any plans for Mane to sever ties with his company. He tells AllHipHop.com, "While it is being widely reported that my booking agency Hitt Afta Hitt is no longer working with Gucci Mane, I have yet to receive any type of correspondence from Gucci, the label or anyone else that supports that."
"I have known and worked with Gucci for over a decade. I have seen his career grow from being a local phenomenon into a household name and I feel like I helped play a minor role in his success."
Mane is currently serving a 12-month prison term in Georgia after violating probation for a 2005 assault conviction. He is slated for early release next week, May 12.