Brittany Murphy's Toxicology Results Identify Drugs in Her Blood System


Brittany Murphy


According to the toxicology results, the 'Clueless' actress died with 'multiple medications' for the treatment of a 'cold or other respiratory infection' in her blood system

Brittany Murphy died with "multiple medications" for the treatment of a "cold or other respiratory infection" in her blood system, the Los Angeles County Coroner has revealed. The 32-year-old "Clueless" star passed away on December 20 after suffering a cardiac arrest at her Hollywood Hills home.

Earlier this month, February 10, the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office declared the actress' death accidental, listing community acquired pneumonia as the primary cause of death. Anaemia and "multiple drug intoxication" were stated on the autopsy as contributing factors, and now officials have released the toxicology report, identifying all the drugs in her system.

The documents, released on Thursday, February 25, read: "Multiple medications were present in the blood, with elevated levels of hydrocodone, acetaminophen, and chlorpheniramine. L-methamphetamine was also present." Murphy had been taking a number of prescription and over-the-counter medications in the weeks leading up to her death to treat what she believed was a bout of influenza.

The report continues, "It should be noted that the pattern of use of these medications suggest treatment of symptoms of a cold or other respiratory infection. Acetaminophen and hydrocodone are components of Vicodin. Chlorpheniramine is the active ingredient in some over-the-counter medications. L-methamphetamine is a component of some inhalers."

"The possible adverse physiological effects of elevated levels of these medications cannot be discounted, especially in her weakened state. Therefore the manner of death is accident."

Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter previously revealed Murphy could still be alive today if she had sought the advice and treatment of a doctor as soon as she fell ill last year. He said, "This death could've been preventable. Murphy was planning on seeing a doctor, but she unfortunately passed away before she did. This was a case of a person with pneumonia who was anaemic, who was taking medication when she should've been getting medical treatment."

However, the report also stated that Murphy had "no history of alcohol or drug abuse" and was "slim but not excessively thin", despite weighing just 115 pounds (52 kilograms) and standing at five foot, three inches tall.

© AceShowbiz.com


MORE FROM NEWS

Leave a Comment

Required fields are marked with *

   

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Sasheer Zamata Quits 'SNL' After Four Seasons
  2. 'Titanic' Director Is Sued by the 'Real' Jack Dawson
  3. Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
  4. Report: Katy Perry Is Dating Takeoff of Migos
  5. Camila Cabello Teams Up With Ed Sheeran, Pharrell and Charli XCX on Upcoming Album
  6. Billboard Music Awards 2017: Nicki Minaj Slays Epic Medley, Camila Cabello Makes Live Solo Debut
  7. This Waitress Found Naked in Orlando Bloom's Hotel Room After a 'Night of Incredible Sex'
  8. 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 1: Four Finalists Sing for the Win
  9. Diddy Unveils 'Can't Stop, Won't Stop' Trailer at Billboard Music Awards
  10. David Thewlis Shares Interesting Details About His Character in 'Wonder Woman'

CELEBS PHOTO