'I Am Michael', starring James Franco and Zachary Quinto, as well as Peter Sarsgaard and Winona Ryder-starrer 'Experimenter' are among flicks in Premieres lineup.
The 2015 Sundance Film Festival has announced lineups for Documentary as well as Drama Premieres. Many stars such as Ewan McGregor, Jesse Eisenberg and Viola Davis appear in the Premiere category. Among the films in Premieres section are "I Am Michael", an adaptation of a true story starring James Franco and Zachary Quinto, and "Experimenter" which has Peter Sarsgaard and Winona Ryder among the cast.
Other notable works which will be showcased at the event starting from January 22-31 are "Grandma", "Sleeping With Other People" and "Ten Thousand Saints". Starring Lily Tomlin, Julia Garner and Marcia Gay Harden among others, "Grandma" tells the story of a relationship between a grandmother and her granddaughter. "Sleeping With Other People", featuring appearances from Jason Sudeikis and Alison Brie, centers on serial cheaters in the quest of healthy relationship.
"It really does feel like we kick off the year in film," said Trevor Groth, the festival's director of programming, when announcing the lineup as quoted by The Associated Press. "We're launching all these films out there into the cinematic universe and then watching them trickle out throughout the year."
Some notable works featured in Documentary Premieres section are Kirby Dick's "The Hunting Ground" and Alex Gibney's "Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief". "The Hunting Ground" focuses on sexual assaults in institutions, while the other pic highlights eight figures in the Scientology.
- "Brooklyn" / United Kingdom (Director: John Crowley, Screenwriter: Nick Hornby, based on the book by Colm Toibin)
- "Digging for Fire" / U.S.A. (Director: Joe Swanberg, Screenwriters: Jake Johnson, Joe Swanberg)
- "The End of the Tour" / U.S.A. (Director: James Ponsoldt, Screenwriter: Donald Margulies)
- "Experimenter" / U.S.A. (Director and screenwriter: Michael Almereyda)
- "Grandma" / U.S.A. (Director and screenwriter: Paul Weitz)
- "I Am Michael" / U.S.A. (Director: Justin Kelly, Screenwriters: Justin Kelly, Stacey Miller)
- "I'll See You in My Dreams" / U.S.A. (Director: Brett Haley, Screenwriters: Brett Haley, Marc Basch)
- "Last Days in the Desert" / U.S.A. (Director and screenwriter: Rodrigo Garcia)
- "Lila & Eve" / U.S.A. (Director: Charles Stone III, Screenwriter: Patrick Gilfillan)
- "Mississippi Grind" / U.S.A. (Directors and screenwriters: Ryan Fleck, Anna Boden)
- "Mistress America" / U.S.A. (Director: Noah Baumbach, Screenwriters: Noah Baumbach, Greta Gerwig)
- "Seoul Searching" / U.S.A., Korea (Director and screenwriter: Benson Lee)
- "Sleeping with Other People" / U.S.A. (Director and screenwriter: Leslye Headland)
- "Ten Thousand Saints" / U.S.A. (Directors: Robert Pulcini, Shari Springer Berman, Screenwriters: Shari Springer Berman, Robert Pulcini)
- "Zipper" / U.S.A. (Director: Mora Stephens, Screenwriters: Mora Stephens, Joel Viertel)
- "Beaver Trilogy Part IV" / U.S.A. (Director: Brad Besser)
- "The Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution" / U.S.A. (Director: Stanley Nelson)
- "DRUNK STONED BRILLIANT DEAD: The Story of the National Lampoon" / U.S.A. (Director: Douglas Tirola)
- "Fresh Dressed" / U.S.A. (Director: Sacha Jenkins)
- "Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief" / U.S.A. (Director: Alex Gibney)
- "In Football We Trust" / U.S.A. (Directors: Tony Vainuku, Erika Cohn)
- "The Hunting Ground" / U.S.A. (Director: Kirby Dick)
- "Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck" / U.S.A. (Director and screenwriter: Brett Morgen)
- "The Mask You Live In" / U.S.A. (Director: Jennifer Siebel Newsom)
- "Most Likely to Succeed" / U.S.A. (Director: Greg Whiteley)
- "Prophet's Prey" / U.S.A. (Director: Amy Berg)
- "Tig" / U.S.A. (Directors: Kristina Goolsby, Ashley York, Screenwriter: Jennifer Arnold)
- "What Happened, Miss Simone? / U.S.A. (Director: Liz Garbus)
- "Animals" / U.S.A. (Directors and screenwriters: Phil Matarese, Mike Luciano)
- "The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst" / U.S.A. (Director: Andrew Jarecki, Screenwriters: Andrew Jarecki, Marc Smerling, Zac Stuart-Pontier)
- "Misery Loves Comedy" / U.S.A. (Director: Kevin Pollak, Screenwriters: Kevin Pollak, John Varhous)
- The Sundance Institute Short Film Challenge
- "The Way of the Rain" / U.S.A. (Creative Director: Sibylle Szaggars Redford, Collaborators: Will Calhoun, Dave Eggar, Chuck Palmer, Desmond Richardson, Ron Saint Germain, Steve Cohen, Floyd Thomas McBee III)