WHAT'S HOT?

TBS Cancels 'The Good Life' Following Cee-Lo's Twitter Rant

September 03, 2014 01:00:04 GMT

However, sources said it was canceled because the reality show had been posting poor ratings throughout the first season.


Cee-Lo
See larger image
Photo credit: JLN Photography/WENN

For Cee-Lo Green, "The Good Life" is over. On the heels of a felony drug charge and his attempt to set things straight via Twitter, TBS has decided not to renew the singer's reality show "CeeLo Green's the Good Life" for a second season.

Four days ago, Green avoided jail time and was sentenced to three years of probation in Los Angeles as well as 360 hours of community service and 52 Alcoholics Anonymous/Narcotics Anonymous meetings. He pleaded no contest to drugging a woman who claimed she woke up naked in his bed with no memory of how she got there. Green insisted that they had consensual sex in the incident that took place two years ago.

The former "The Voice" coach recently went on a Twitter rant to compare rape and home invasion. "If someone is passed out they're not even WITH you consciously. People who have really been raped REMEMBER!!!" he wrote before abruptly deleting it. He also posted an apology, "I only intended on a healthy exchange to help heal those who love me from the pain I had already caused from this. Please forgive me."

The timing made it as if the network made the decision based on the felony case but sources told NBC News that the show was canceled due to "poor ratings." The series, which chronicles Green's next stage of career, averaged mere 677,000 viewers a night during its six-episode first season. Variety also reported that the show was canceled even before the first season was completed.

© AceShowbiz.com




Post Your Comments


Screen Name
Please Enter   
Comment
 
 
 
RSS
FB
Twitter