A lawyer for Bryan Singer has blasted a newly-emerged claim saying that the movie director sexually abused a man in his 20s. The lawyer, Marty Singer, who is not related to the filmmaker, told BuzzFeed, "My client did not engage in any criminal or inappropriate behavior with anyone in New York or elsewhere."
According to various media reports, NYPD Deputy Chief Kim Royster has said that Special Victims Squad is currently investigating Singer following a complaint of an alleged abuse. The incident reportedly took place on March 23, 2013 and was reported on May 9 this year. In response to the statement, Singer's lawyer additionally said, "Neither my client nor any of his representatives have been contacted by the NYPD, or anyone else about an alleged criminal investigation of my client."
A source close to the "X-Men" movies director also told NY Daily News that the abuse claim was not true. "This is an old allegation that was leaked out of desperation to damage Bryan after the civil lawsuits against him were dismissed," the source shared.
The claim emerged shortly after a former aspiring model named Michael Egan III dropped his lawsuit against Singer in Hawaii. Egan previously accused the director of inappropriately touching him when he was a minor. An unnamed British man also filed similar allegation, but he dropped it in July. Singer vehemently denied both claims.