The DJ, who ended his relationship with the British beauty a few weeks ago, also says he won't talk to media about 'every aspect of his personal life.'
Rita Ora was originally scheduled to perform her single "I Will Never Let You Down" at the 2014 Teen Choice Awards but she decided to cancel it. In a new interview on "On Air With Ryan Seacrest", the British beauty said her ex-boyfriend Calvin Harris didn't let her sing the track which he helped produce.
The DJ later responded to Ora's statement in a Twitter post he sent out on Wednesday, August 13. "You'll only know 1 side of the story RE Teen choice awards because I choose not to talk to the papers about every aspect of my personal life," he wrote.
"But just know I had a damn good reason," he continued and added the waving hand emoji. He, however, didn't explain what kind of good reason he had. Ora has yet commented on her former beau's tweets.
The "R.I.P." rapper addressed her canceled TCA performance in the interview earlier this week. "For anybody who doesn't understand how it works, he wrote and produced the song, so he has to approve anything TV-wise," she explained. "He owns the rights to it and he didn't approve the Teen Choice Awards."
She also expressed her disappointment over the cancellation, adding, "I could have got told a few weeks earlier, you know. That would have been nice... We put so much work and money into the show. I put my own money into the performance, like I always do, and I guess it's just one of those things."