'Clouds of Sils Maria', 'Foxcatcher', 'Maps to the Stars', 'Mr. Turner', 'Whiplash' and 'Pasolini' are among the selections for the annual event.
New York Film Festival announces selections for the main slate. It includes drama "Clouds of Sils Maria" starring Kristen Stewart and Chloe Moretz, Bennett Miller's true-story pic "Foxcatcher" starring Channing Tatum and Steve Carell, as well as David Cronenberg's Hollywood satire "Maps to the Stars" starring Julianne Moore and Robert Pattinson.
Mike Lee's "Mr. Turner" which has Timothy Spall as the famed artist J.M.W. Turner is also among the lineup. Damien Chazelle's Sundance hit "Whiplash" starring Miles Teller, Pasolini biopic starring Willem Dafoe, and Richard Gere-led flick "Time Out of Mind" will make merry the annual festival as well.
The event will run from September 26 to October 12. David Fincher's "Gone Girl" was previously announced to open the fest, while Alejandro G. Inarritu's "Birdman" will close it, and Paul Thomas Anderson's "Inherent Vice" will be the centerpiece film. Documentary selections, panels and more will be announced sometime soon.
"In this year's lineup, we have great big films alongside films made on the most intimate scale, personal epics and intricately constructed chamber pieces, films of great serenity and films that will leave you dazed, first films and last films, all equally vivid and alive, and essential," said Kent Jones, director of the New York Film Festival and chair of the selection committee.
OPENER: "Gone Girl", David Fincher
CENTERPIECE GALA SELECTION: "Inherent Vice", Paul Thomas Anderson
CLOSER: "Birdman" or "The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance", Alejandro G. Inarritu
- "Beloved Sisters", Dominik Graf
- "The Blue Room", Mathieu Amalric
- "Clouds of Sils Maria", Olivier Assayas
- "Eden (2014)", Mia Hansen-Love
- "Foxcatcher", Bennett Miller
- "Goodbye to Language", Jean-Luc Godard
- "Heaven Knows What", Josh & Benny Safdie
- "Hill of Freedom", Hong Sang-Soo
- "Horse Money", Pedro Costa
- "Jauja", Lisandro Alonso
- "Life of Riley", Alain Resnais
- "Listen Up Philip", Alex Ross Perry
- "Maps to the Stars", David Cronenberg
- "Misunderstood (Incompresa)", Asia Argento
- "Mr. Turner", Mike Leigh
- "Pasolini", Abel Ferrara
- "The Princess of France", Matias Pineiro
- "Saint Laurent", Bertrand Bonello
- "La Sapienza", Eugene Green
- "'71", Yann Demange
- "Tales of the Grim Sleeper", Nick Broomfield
- "Timbuktu", Abderrahmane Sissako
- "Time Out of Mind", Oren Moverman
- "Two Days, One Night", Jean-Pierre & Luc Dardenne
- "Two Shots Fired", Martin Rejtman
- "Whiplash", Damien Chazelle
- "The Wonders", Alice Rohrwacher