A man named Michael Egan who previously filed lawsuits against the 'X-Men' director and three other Hollywood figures including Neuman has dismissed his suit against the ex-Disney exec.
A sex abuse lawsuit against former Disney executive David Neuman has been dismissed. A document related to the case withdrawal was filed on Wednesday, June 4 in a Hawaii federal court. Neuman's counsel Patricia Glaser of Glaser Weil has released a statement to The Hollywood Reporter regarding the case.
"This evening the completely unfounded and 100 percent false charges against our client David A. Neuman, were dismissed. Today's news affirms to everyone that David Neuman's fine reputation deserves to stand strong and was attacked with no merit," she said.
"In as much as we celebrate the truth this evening, we will hold accountable those who wrongly created the hurt and damage by making outrageous, untruthful assertions that cannot be undone. We question seriously the underlying prejudices and motives in targeting David Neuman with this groundless and defamatory action. Today's dismissal exposes this despicable lawsuit for what it really was: an unethical smearing and failed shakedown of a completely innocent man," Glaser continued.
Back in April, a man named Michael Egan filed lawsuits against "X Men: Days of Future Past" director Bryan Singer and later three Hollywood figures Garth Ancier, Gary Goddard and Neuman, alleging that they sexually abused him when he was a minor. The alleged abuse took place in a house in Encino and Hawaii in 1999.
The four men denied the alleged actions and have filed motions to dismiss the case. All of them quoted Egan's deposition for another sex abuse lawsuit, in which he said he "never had any trips outside the continental U.S." As quoted by TMZ, Egan also said of Neuman, "I have never had any kind of physical contact with David Neuman other than what is normal and appropriate between non-sexual acquaintances."