Mike D: Beastie Boys Is Done After Adam Yauch's Death

June 04, 2014 08:19:27 GMT

The surviving member of the rap group makes it clear that he and Adam 'Ad Rock' Horovitz will never make new music as members of Beastie Boys following Adam 'MCA' Yauch's passing in 2012.


Beastie Boys
See larger image
Photo credit: /WENN

Beastie Boys' career is over, according to Michael "Mike D" Diamond. The surviving member of the rap group made the revelation when he recently testified in a lawsuit against energy drink company Monster.

During his testimony, Diamond said that he and Adam "Ad Rock" Horovitz would never make new music as members of Beastie Boys following the death of their mate Adam "MCA" Yauch back in 2012.

"We have not been able to tour since MCA, Adam Yauch, died," he explained. "We can't make new music."

In his testimony, Diamond also revealed that he and Horovitz were offered "a lot of money" so their song "Sabotage" could be used in Arnold Schwarzenegger's film of the same name. The duo, of course, said no. "It felt like too much of an endorsement," Diamond said. "We weren't fans of Mr Schwarzenegger's recent... work." The film was released earlier this year and it pretty much tanked at the Box Office.

Beastie Boys sued Monster in 2012, claiming that their songs were illegally used in the company's ad. The group sought $1 million in damages for the song licenses and another $1 million for the "implied endorsement" of being featured in the Monster video. Monster admitted to committing the copyright infringement, but insisted that damages wouldn't exceed $125,000.

© AceShowbiz.com




Post Your Comments


Screen Name
Please Enter   
Comment
 
 
 
RSS
FB
Twitter