The former member of The Beatles cancels his May 28 show in Seoul due to the illness that previously prompted him to scrap his shows in Japan.
Paul McCartney has canceled his upcoming concert in Seoul, South Korea, due to an illness. Concert organizer Hyundai Card announced on Wednesday, May 21 that the show scheduled for May 28 wouldn't take place as planned.
"I was really looking forward to visiting and playing in South Korea for the first time and I'm sorry to be letting fans down," McCartney said in a statement released by the organizer. "I'm very disappointed by this and hope to be able to visit soon."
A spokesperson for the veteran singer has said that the nixed show will likely be rescheduled in the future. "All possibilities to reschedule this show are being explored," the spokesperson explained as quoted by Billboard.
McCartney's illness, which was caused by a virus, has previously prompted the former member of The Beatles to cancel his entire gigs in Japan. "After coming down with a virus in Japan, doctors have ordered Paul complete rest. Paul is still not feeling better and this cancellation is unavoidable," the spokesperson added.