Pharrell takes home Best Use of Interactive Video award with his 24-hour promo of 'Happy' at the awards show which honors people who make the best use of the web.
The winners of the 2014 Webby Awards were announced on Monday, April 28 with Pharrell Williams and Beyonce Knowles taking prizes at the event which honors people who make the best use of the web. Pharrell won Webby and People's Voice award in the category of the best use of interactive video with his 24-hour "Happy" video.
Beyonce, meanwhile, won People's Voice award in the Celebrity/Fan category thanks to her website. Her husband Jay-Z also nabbed an award in the category of Best Music App with his "Magna Carta... Holy Grail" album.
Music videos for Arcade Fire "Just a Reflektor" and Bob Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone" were also honored. Jimmy Kimmel won an award in the category of viral video with his "Worst Twerk Fail EVER" by "Jimmy Kimmel Live!". Funny or Die additionally won People's Voice with the skit "Between Two Ferns With Zach Galifianakis: Justin Bieber" in the category of Comedy: Long Form or Series.
The winners of the 18th annual Webby Awards were chosen by judges at the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences. A ceremony to honor the winners will take place in New York on May 19. Complete winner list is available on the official site.
- Lifetime Achievement: Lawrence Lessig
- Special Achievement: Freddie Wong
- Artist of the Year: De La Soul
- Breakout of the Year: Kickstarter
- Athlete of the Year: Jamaican Bobsled Team
- Agency of the Year: Ogilvy Paris
- Best use of Interactive Video: Pharrell Williams's 24 Hours of "Happy"
- Best Comedy - Long form or series: Funny or Die's "Between two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis: Justin Bieber"
- Best Viral Video: Jimmy Kimmel Reveals "Worst Twerk Fail EVER: Girl Catches Fire" Prank
- Best Music (Film and Video) - Arcade Fire's "Just a Reflektor"
- Best Viral Marketing, Best Online Commercial, Best Branded Entertainment Short Form - "The Epic Split" with Jean-Claude Van Damme