April 12, 2014 02:55:23 GMT
The director says 'Transformers: Age of Extinction' will kick off a new three-part series and reveals where Lockdown will stand in the new war in the upcoming movie.
Two sequels are in the cards to follow up "Transformers: Age of Extinction", it's confirmed. "Yeah, it's the first of a new trilogy. I'm not necessarily sure that I'm doing [the others], but that's what it's meant for," Michael Bay told Entertainment Weekly in the mag's latest issue.
The upcoming movie will feature some new robots including Dinobot. Although the director refused to divulge any details of Grimlock's story, he did say that the robot would be "150 feet long from tail to nostrils, 63.5 feet tall from the ground to the top of his horns, and weigh 850 tons."
Another new addition is Lockdown who is neither Autobot nor Decepticon, but is a bounty hunter. "Lockdown is an interesting character. He travels the galaxy, he works for somebody else. And he's here for one person, one alien, and then he's out of here," Bay opened up. "So he doesn't really want to take sides."
"The cause and balance of the galaxy is kind of messed up when different species play with different species. And that opens up a whole other gigantic world for Transformers," the director went on. "Lockdown's ship has a lot of meaning that can go into other movies."
"There's a lot of backstory about that ship that's not laid out here. You're going to see a few things where you're like 'What is that? And what is that?' And you're going to see a couple shots like, 'Wait a minute, who are they?' But we don't answer those questions."
When asked about his former star Shia LaBeouf, Bay insisted there was no bad blood between them and the departure was amicable. "It's all good. He's a good guy, but three movies, the same guy, it's time, you know what I'm saying? It's always good to freshen it up and change the story."
"It was mutual," he added. "He only wanted to do three, and I think that's all. Then I pulled Mark into this after 'Pain and Gain', because we had a great time working together."
Mark Wahlberg stars in the new one along with Jack Reynor, and Nicola Peltz. The "Ted" actor previously hinted at multi-picture deal, "They [Paramount] certainly make you sign with the anticipation it's going to be a success. That you will do more. Umm, but as of now we did one and we will see what happens."