After 'Same Trailer Different Park' is revealed as the winner of Album of the Year Award, Kacey Musgraves says, 'I'm really proud to be a woman representing country music.'
Winners at the 49th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards have been unveiled at a ceremony which took place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. George Strait took home the prestigious trophy of Entertainer of the Year at the Sunday, April 6 event which was hosted by Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan.
"Wow. I always said I had the greatest fans in the world, and I heard this was a fan-voted deal. So I rest my case," George said while accepting the award. "Our hero. Our hero won tonight! That's how it's supposed to be," Shelton said as the singer left the stage. Before the Entertainer of the Year category was announced, Kacey Musgraves' "Same Trailer Different Park" was named Album of the Year. "I just want to say that I'm really proud to be a woman representing country music," the Grammy-winning singer said.
Merle Haggard additionally was honored with ACM Crystal Milestone Award at the awards event. "Country music's been great to me all my life and it's great again tonight," Haggard told the audience.
The ACM Awards will be held in Texas next year. The show will take place at the AT&T Stadium on April 19, 2015 with Shelton and Bryan returning as co-hosts.
- Entertainer of the Year: George Strait
- Male Vocalist of the Year: Jason Aldean
- Female Vocalist of the Year: Miranda Lambert
- Vocal Duo of the Year: Florida Georgia Line
- Vocal Group of the Year: The Band Perry
- New Artist of the Year: Justin Moore
- Album of the Year: "Same Trailer Different Park" - Kacey Musgraves
- Single Record of the Year: "Mama's Broken Heart" - Miranda Lambert (Songwriters: Brandy Clark, Shane McAnally, Kacey Musgraves)
- Song of the Year: "I Drive Your Truck" - Lee Brice (Songwriters: Jessi Alexander, Connie Harrington and Jimmy Yeary)
- Video of the Year: "Highway Don't Care" - Keith Urban, Tim McGraw, Taylor Swift
- Vocal Event of the Year: "We Were Us" - Keith Urban and Miranda Lambert