'Star Wars Episode 7' to Film in May in London, to Take Place 30 Years After 'Return of Jedi'


'Star Wars Episode 7' to Film in May in London, to Take Place 30 Years After 'Return of Jedi'


The first installment of the new planned 'Star Wars' trilogy is confirmed to 'star a trio of new young leads along with some very familiar faces.'

Disney finally gave official update on the much-awaited "Star Wars Episode 7". The movie is confirmed to start shooting this coming May in London. It will take place 30 years after the events of 1983's "Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi".

J.J. Abrams will do the filming at the historic Pinewood Studios. The details of the story are still scarce, but the Mouse House says that the next installment of the epic sci-fi saga "will star a trio of new young leads along with some very familiar faces."

Two months into the filming, the project is still shrouded with secrecy as no single castmember is announced. "Rumor has it that almost every actor in the world has been cast in this movie, but so far, the official castmember that we've confirmed -- the only one -- is R2D2," said Disney's CEO Bob Iger during an annual shareholder meeting in Portland, Ore.

R2-D2 is an astromech droid which appeared in all six "Star Wars" films along with his protocol robot companion, C-3PO. R2-D2 inducted into Robot Hall of Fame in 2003 was portrayed by Kenny Baker in the previous movies, while his robot buddy was played by Anthony Daniels.

Regarding the human cast, Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, and Carrie Fisher are expected to reprise their roles as the classic "Star Wars" trio, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, and Princess Leia. Lupita Nyong'o is said being in talks for a major female role. Her character which allegedly "doesn't seem to be tied into the family lines from Episodes 4-6" is supposedly a Sith.

Judi Dench is linked for the role of Mon Mothma, the co-founder and leader of the Rebel Alliance, while Adam Driver is hotly tipped to play a new Darth Vader-esque villain. The rumored candidates for the new male lead, meanwhile, are Ed Speleers ("Downton Abbey"), John Boyega ("Attack the Block"), Jesse Plemons ("Breaking Bad"), and two theater actors Matthew James Thomas as well as Ray Fisher.

The film will hit U.S. theaters on December 18, 2015.

© AceShowbiz.com


MORE FROM NEWS

Leave a Comment

Required fields are marked with *

   

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Pregnant Beyonce Is 'Going Into Hiding' as She and Jay-Z Are 'Signatures Away From a Divorce'
  2. Kylie Jenner Goes Makeup Free During a Day Out With Tyga
  3. Report: Michael Strahan Begging to Return to 'Live! with Kelly' After Feud With 'GMA' Co-Host
  4. Beyonce's Ex Manager Reveals How the Singer Is Trying to Save Her Marriage to Jay-Z
  5. Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent
  6. Stella Maxwell Shows Off Her Pert Derriere in Cheeky Hotpants
  7. Angelina Jolie Finally Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Split: We Will Always Be a Family
  8. Brad Pitt Acknowledges Angelina Jolie's 'Crush' on Jared Leto
  9. Portia de Rossi 'Livid' Over Ellen DeGeneres Putting Their House on Sale
  10. Kourtney Kardashian Hugs Mystery Man as Scott Disick Remains MIA

CELEBS PHOTO