Cody Simpsons, NeNe Leakes and gold-winning Olympic skaters Meryl Davis and Charlie White are due to strut their stuff on March 17.
The cast of "Dancing with the Stars" season 18 have been revealed on Tuesday, March 4 via ABC's "Good Morning America". Cody Simpson, whose name has popped up in the casting rumor last week, is indeed slated to take the dance floor when the show premieres on Monday, March 17.
This season's cast is a mix of competitors, ranging from former child stars to Olympic athletes. Simpson, a 17-year-old Australian heartthrob, is paired with new pro dancer Witney Carson. Also confirming the rumor is the casting of "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" star NeNe Leakes. She will compete for the mirror ball trophy with the help of Tony Dovolani.
Thrown in the mix are ice dancers Meryl Davis and Charlie White who paired up at last month's Winter Olympics but are battling each other on "DWTS". White is paired with Sharna Burgess while Davis is paired with Maksim Chmerkovskiy, who is back after taking last season off.
Season 18 contestants of 'DWTS' and their dancing partners:
- Paralympic snowboarder Amy Purdy and Derek Hough
- Singer/actor Billy Dee Williams and Emma Slater
- "Full House" star Candace Cameron Bure and Mark Ballas
- Former child star Danica McKellar and Val Chmerkovskiy
- Singer Cody Simpson and Witney Carson
- Long-distance swimmer Diana Nyad and Henry Byalikov
- TV host Drew Carey and Cheryl Burke
- Former Nickelodeon's star James Maslow and Peta Murgatroyd
- Reality show star NeNe Leakes and Tony Dovolani
- Former NHL player Sean Avery and Karina Smirnoff
- Ice skater Meryl Davis and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- Ice skater Charlie White and Sharna Burgess