Biggest nominee Adam Sandler and his movie 'Grown Ups 2' surprisingly went home without any Golden Raspberry.
Will Smith and his son Jaden Smith came as 'winners' at the 2014 Razzie Awards while annual 'favorite' Adam Sandler dodged it out this year. The event's 34th annual ceremony to honor worst of the worst in movies were held at Los Angeles' Ignited Spaces on Saturday, March 1, a day before the Oscars.
Jaden was named Worst Actor for his role in "After Earth" while his dad took the supporting title for starring in the same sci-fi movie. The father and son duo were also named Worst Screen Combo. Tyler Perry nabbed the Worst Actress category for starring as a drag in "A Madea Christmas". The supporting actress went to Kim Kardashian for her cameo in "Tyler Perry's Temptation".
However, it was "Movie 43" that took the Golden Raspberry for the biggest honor, Worst Picture. The raunchy comedy with interconnecting stories also won Worst Director and Worst Screenplay. Interestingly, Sandler and his movie "Grown Ups 2" went home empty-handed though they dominated the Razzie nominations with eight nods.
Eight out of nine award winners were determined by online votes from the foundation's 800 members in 47 U.S. states and 15 foreign countries. The Worst Screen Combo winner was selected through votes by 80,000 RotenTomatoes.com users.
2014 Razzie Awards winners:
- Worst Picture: "Movie 43"
- Worst Actor: Jaden Smith - "After Earth"
- Worst Actress: Tyler Perry (in drag) - "A Madea Christmas"
- Worst Supporting Actor: Will Smith - "After Earth"
- Worst Supporting Actress: Kim Kardashian - "Tyler Perry's Temptation"
- Worst Screen Combo: Jaden Smith & Will Smith - "After Earth"
- Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel: "The Lone Ranger"
- Worst Director: The 13 people who directed "Movie 43"
- Worst Screenplay: "Movie 43" (written by 19 "Screenwriters")