Tom Bergeron will no longer be joined by Brooke Burke when "Dancing with the Stars" returns for its 18th season. The actress/dancer has revealed that she was fired from the dancing competition less than a month before the 18th season begins.
"I have enjoyed seven seasons co-hosting DWTS but understand the need for change considering the position of the show at this juncture," Burke says in a statement. Sources tell E! News that the 42-year-old model and television personality was just told on Friday afternoon, February 21 that she wouldn't return to the show.
Despite the sudden dismissal, it seems that Burke has no bad blood for the show's producers. "I've always been one to embrace change and looking forward to pursuing opportunities I previously wasn't able to entertain because of contractual obligations to the show," she adds. "I've seen my fair share of shocking eliminations in the ballroom but this one takes the cake."
Confirming the news, executive producer Conrad Green states, "We can confirm that Brooke Burke-Charvet will not be joining us next season. She's been a wonderful part of the 'Dancing with the Stars' family since her triumphant win in season seven and will unquestionably be missed by our entire team. We'd like to thank Brooke for her years of great service."
There's still no word on who will replace Burke. She had co-hosted the reality series with Bergeron since season 10 after previously winning the competition's 7th season.
This is not the only shake-up undergone by "DWTS" for its upcoming istallment. The show has replaced the Harold Wheeler orchestra and singers, who had been on the show since the first season, with Ray Chew and his band.
Season 18 of "DWTS" will kick off March 17 on ABC.