February 09, 2014 00:41:02 GMT
The Celebrity Boxing owner did not want to further hurt anyone by promoting Zimmerman who stood trial for second-degree murder of Trayvon Martin.
There will be no boxing match between George Zimmerman and DMX for the owner of Celebrity Boxing Damon Feldman said "people's feelings meant more to me." Damon announced on Saturday, February 8, "The George Zimmerman fight is canceled I'm sorry for anyone I hurt with this but this was a very big opportunity thank you."
Feldman suggested that he was concern about putting acquitted Trayvon Martin killer Zimmerman up on ring. "This was the wrong person to put in the ring and define celebrity boxing," he tweeted Saturday. The promoter added, "I'd rather be happy and make people happy" and that there is "more to life than money".
Meanwhile, DMX's spokesman Domenick Nati said in a statement, "Damon Feldman has announced that the George Zimmerman fight is cancelled via his Twitter. As previously stated, DMX never agreed to the fight and we thank you for all of the support from DMX's fans." Nati noted that no concert dates of DMX will be affected.
The celebrity boxing match stemmed from Zimmerman's revelation that boxing was his hobby. A number of celebrities such as rapper The Game volunteered to go against Zimmerman, and Feldman had over 15,000 emails to respond to. The match was set for next month with Floyd Mayweather Sr. as referee before it was canceled.