December 31, 2013 09:15:02 GMT
Kelly Clarkson's private wedding, the tragic death of Paul Walker and Beyonce Knowles' surprise album make the final part of important events in 2013.
AceShowbiz rounds out its annual Kaleidoscope in this fourth and final part. In October good news came from who married Brandon Blackstock in an intimate ceremony, as well as from and who got engaged. A casting change in "" also received a fair share of attention.
Meanwhile, Hollywood and movie lovers were once again left devastated by a tragic death when died in a fiery car crash, just a few days after Thanksgiving. Nearing the end of the year, reality TV series wrapped up the competition by crowing the winner of the season, while gave a big surprise to her fans by secretly releasing her fifth album on iTunes.
Initially planning a big "earthy" wedding, had a change of heart and decided to elope with Brandon Blackstock as she's overwhelmed with the preparation. The couple opted for a low-key ceremony with the beautiful backdrop of Blackberry Farm in Walland, Tennessee. Blackstock's children, Savannah and Seth, from his previous marriage were the only guests at the wedding, but Clarkson's family totally understood it. "We were fine with it. I had known that she was under a lot of stress," her mother said. A month later, the winner of "" inaugural season announced she got pregnant with their first child together.
- Other notable events of the month:
- Oct 01: "", the fourth installment in the movie franchise, was officially in development.
- Oct 02: "" was renewed for a fourth and final season.
- Oct 05: and welcomed their first son.
- Oct 06: "" posted biggest opening of all time on box office for an October release.
- Oct 08: and confirmed split.
- Oct 08: was named the Nashville Songwriters Association International's Songwriter/Artist of the Year for the sixth time.
- Oct 10: "" revealed original star 's impending departure.
- Oct 13: dropped out of "".
- Oct 15: and were tapped to return as the hosts of Golden Globe Awards for 2014 and 2015.
- Oct 15: took home five prizes at 2013 BET Hip-Hop Awards.
- Oct 16: "" missed a deadline for the first time due to blackout.
- Oct 16: 's wife Monique Mosley filed for divorce.
- Oct 16: '' actor 's wife filed for divorce ffter 10 years of marriage.
- Oct 17: postponed his tour with MTV after getting hospitalized with bad flu.
- Oct 17: Dom Streater won "" season 12.
- Oct 17: and got married.
- Oct 20: married Brandon Blackstock.
- Oct 21: and got engaged.
- Oct 22: was confirmed to reprise his villainous role in all "" sequels.
- Oct 22: was caught kissing "" director Michael Morris.
- Oct 22: revealed he's working on a secret project with Marvel.
- Oct 22: was named Hollywood's most valuable movie star by New York Magazine's Vulture.
- Oct 22: 's wife Dina filed for divorce.
- Oct 23: was tapped to play in "".
- Oct 24: landed a lead role on NBC's "Murder, She Wrote" reboot.
- Oct 24: was officially chosen to replace in "" movie.
- Oct 24: "" and "" got new release dates.
- Oct 24: and announced separation.
- Oct 25: filed a lawsuit against 's family over the late singer's hits "Billie Jean", "Thriller" and "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough".
- Oct 27: died at 71.
- Oct 28: "" movie was given a go.
- Oct 29: announced disbandment.
- Oct 29: entered rehab for anger management after assault arrest.
Hollywood lost another of its talent and everyone lost a generous man when died in a tragic car accident on Thanksgiving weekend. The actor, best known for his role as Brian O'Conner in the "Fast and the Furious" film series, and his friend Roger Rodas took a joyride while attending an event for his charity Reach Out Worldwide for victims of Typhoon Haiyan. But the fun turned into a tragedy as the 2005 Porsche Carrera GT that Rodas drove and Walker was in hit a light pole and tree on a California street before it burst into flames. The Los Angeles county coroner's office determined that the 40-year-old star died from the combined effects of traumatic and thermal injuries. In the wake of his untimely death, "Fast and Furious 7" which was in the middle of production was pushed back to April 2015 to allow the writers to rework the film.
- Other notable events of the month:
- Nov 01: 's "" was canceled after two seasons.
- Nov 01: Vevo accidentally published 's "Story of My Life" music video 48 hours earlier than the scheduled date.
- Nov 03: insisted that "Rap God" was not homophobic.
- Nov 04: Rep confirmed 's second pregnancy.
- Nov 06: won the Pinnacle Awards at the 2013 Country Music Association Awards.
- Nov 07: "Star Wars Episode 7" got December 18, 2015 as its U.S. release date.
- Nov 08: "" picked Alexander Weiss as the winner in its inaugural season.
- Nov 09: Miss Universe 2013 title went to Gabriela Isler of Venezuela.
- Nov 10: smoked a joint onstage after winning the Best Video award at the 2013 MTV Europe Music Awards.
- Nov 12: First look at as Miss Hannigan in "" emerged.
- Nov 12: "" release date was pushed back to February 15, 2015.
- Nov 13: "" was slated to arrive on December 25, 2015.
- Nov 13: "" won MPAA rating appeal.
- Nov 15: "" was revived by Netflix for a final season.
- Nov 15: "" revealed Jourdan Miller as the winner of its "Guys & Girls" edition.
- Nov 16: , and Angela Lansbury were presented with Honorary Oscars at Governors Awards.
- Nov 18: and husband Joe Giudice were indicted on two more fraud charges.
- Nov 18: "" sequel was planned for Christmas 2015.
- Nov 19: got pregnant with her first child.
- Nov 19: beat and as the highest paid musician in 2013, according to Forbes.
- Nov 19: was named sexiest man alive by People magazine.
- Nov 19: Announcement that Walt Disney's daughter Diane Disney Miller died was released.
- Nov 20: "" unveiled the official judge line-up for season 9.
- Nov 20: "" killed off major character Detective Jocelyn "Joss" Carter ().
- Nov 23: "" posted biggest November debut ever.
- Nov 24: won Artist of the Year award at the 2013 2013 American Music Awards.
- Nov 25: would leave ABC News for Yahoo.
- Nov 26: MSNBC canceled 's show amid gay slur controversy.
- Nov 26: welcomed daughter and secretly married Brian Hallisay.
- Nov 26: "" named as season 17 winner.
- Nov 26: finalized divorce agreement from .
- Nov 30: died in a fiery car crash.
It was like a long year of draught which was ended with a heavy rain when unexpectedly dropped her new self-titled album in December, making it the best surprise for music lovers and her fans in particular. Released without prior announcement and promotion, "" became a critical and commercial success, debuting at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 200 with more than 600,000 copies sold within only three days. Explaining the unorthodox release, Queen Bey said she was "bored" of her music being marketed, but admitted that she "was terrified" about the outcome of the unusual strategy.
- Other notable events of the month:
- Dec 01: opened up that he's dating a man.
- Dec 02: Sam Champion exited ABC's "" to join The Weather Channel.
- Dec 02: "" and "" were among winners at the 2013 Gotham Awards.
- Dec 02: and girlfriend Brittany Lopez tied the knot.
- Dec 03: "" was dubbed Best Picture by the New York Film Critics Circle.
- Dec 03: announced that he would play a show per month at Madison Square Garden in New York for the indefinite future.
- Dec 03: confirmed marriage to Marco Perego.
- Dec 04: was cast as Wonder Woman in "Man of Steel 2".
- Dec 04: "" won big at 2013 National Board of Review Awards.
- Dec 04: checked out of rehab, planned to go to college.
- Dec 04: The manuscript of 's "Born to
Run" snatched $197,000 at a New York auction.
- Dec 06: Skydance Prods. and Annapurna Pictures teamed up to develop new "Terminator" TV series.
- Dec 07: gave birth to Ned Rocknroll's baby.
- Dec 08: "" and "" tied for Best Picture at the 2013 Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards.
- Dec 08: "" dominated winner lists of Boston Society of Film Critics and Boston Online Film Critics Awards.
- Dec 08: Billy Joel and were among
recipients of the Kennedy Center Honor.
- Dec 08: 's member Siva Kaneswaran said he got engaged.
- Dec 09: "The Sound of Music" star Eleanor Parker died at 91.
- Dec 10: and paid respects at Nelson Mandela memorial.
- Dec 11: Pope Francis beat to be TIME's Person of the Year.
- Dec 12: Sony Pictures announced Venom (2017) and movies.
- Dec 13: secretly dropped her fifth album on iTunes.
- Dec 13: filed for divorce from after four years of marriage.
- Dec 13: landed a lead role as Sarah Connor in "Terminator: Genesis".
- Dec 14: Touching memorial for was held after the funeral.
- Dec 14: "Lawrence of Arabia" star died at 81.
- Dec 15: Tyson Apostol was named the Sole Survivor in ": Blood vs. Water" finale.
- Dec 15: "" brought back the beloved dog Brian in Christmas episode.
- Dec 15: "" killed off ' Brody in season 3 finale.
- Dec 16: was on board movie.
- Dec 16: 's probation was revoked due to October arrest.
- Dec 16: Dwayne "" Johnson beat as Forbes' highest-grossing actor of 2013.
- Dec 16: apologized for ripping off Daniel Clowes' comic for his short film.
- Dec 17: and wife Emma Heming were expecting their second child together.
- Dec 17: of Team won "" season 5.
- Dec 18: confirmed engagement to her manager/beau Tim Witherspoon.
- Dec 18: A&E suspended from filming "" following his anti-gay comments.
- Dec 18: was cast as the title character in "".
- Dec 18: confirmed 's departure from "".
- Dec 19: named Hillary Clinton as the Most Fascinating Person of 2013.
- Dec 19: Reports emerged that had got engaged to .
- Dec 19: "It's Kind of a Funny Story" author Ned Vizzini committed suicide.
- Dec 19: "" crowned as season 3 champion.
- Dec 19: canceled the Australian leg of her "Stars Dance" tour to spend some times on her own.
- Dec 20: "" bid farewell to .
- Dec 20: Ricky "Lord Infamous" Dunigan of died at the age of 40.
- Dec 21: was engaged to Miami Heat basketball player .
- Dec 21: married her longtime girlfriend Bridgett Casteen.
- Dec 21: and Mark Webber were married.
- Dec 22: "Fast and Furious 7" release date was pushed back from July 11, 2014 to April 10, 2015.
- Dec 23: "" was named the highest-selling films of 2013.
- Dec 23: The Associated Press picked as Entertainer of the Year.
- Dec 23: and wife welcomed their second son.
- Dec 23: Home Free was named the winner of "" season 4.
- Dec 23: Jazz Composer Yusef Lateef died at 93.
- Dec 23: and Torrey DeVitto's divorce was finalized.
- Dec 23: ' guitarist Albert Hammond Jr. got married to girlfriend Justyna Sroka.
- Dec 24: Drummer Ricky Lawson died at 59.
- Dec 24: "" was canned.
- Dec 24: said on Twitter that he's "officially retiring" from music.
- Dec 24: dropped out of Western movie remake "".
- Dec 25: Jenni "" Farley announced her pregnancy.
- Dec 25: ' "Adore You" music video leaked online.
- Dec 25: topped Forbes' Best Actors for the Buck in 2013.
- Dec 27: A&E lifted suspension on "" star .
- Dec 27: was married to fellow musician John McCauley.
- Dec 28: 's widow Lisa Niemi was engaged to Albert DePrisco.
- Dec 28: 's new album "" arrived early on Amazon.
- Dec 28: Rapper Doe B was shot and killed in Alabama.
- Dec 29: Robin Roberts came out as gay.
- Dec 29: Former F1 Champion Michael Schumacher was in critical condition after ski accident.
- Dec 29: Management insisted was not retiring.
- Dec 30: "Wicked" set Broadway record by crossing $3-million mark in a single week.