Harry Styles has won a court order that will earn him some peace. The One Direction member came victorious at British High Court in London after applying for protection against unidentified paparazzi who employed the method of pretending to be fans to get his photos.
Styles had tried to ask the photographers to voluntarily leave him alone but when the attempt failed, he turned to the court. "This is not a privacy injunction," the pop star's counsel David Sherborne told the court. "Mr. Styles is not trying to prevent fans approaching him in the street and taking photos. He remains happy to do that, as he always has."
The attorney said further, "Rather, it is the method or tactics which have been used by a certain type of photographer." By terms of injunction, the paparazzi are not allowed to chase Styles by car or motorcycle, put him under surveillance, loiter within 50 meters of his home, or take any pictures under those circumstances.
The U.K. based photographers are in the process of being identified. Justice Nicola Davies granted the order last week and has extended the order until January 13 when another hearing will determine whether the action should proceed.